Guess who is nominated for the Norris?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
and he should win it! Not only did the Sharks make the playoffs, they dominated one of the Norris candidates in them, and Burns has 8 points in 5 games so far. It should be him.

The playoff part plays no part in this though so unfortunately he doesn't get that help. The way that Doughty was hyped this year, I wouldn't be surprised it was him even though he doesn't deserve it.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The playoff part plays no part in this though so unfortunately he doesn't get that help. The way that Doughty was hyped this year, I wouldn't be surprised it was him even though he doesn't deserve it.

I don't know why but i have this gut feeling that doughty is going to win in a landslide.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX

Is a winner already selected and we just wont know til the awards?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Is a winner already selected and we just wont know til the awards?

Yeah the voting was done at the end of the regular season by the writers. Burns deserved it even before the playoff series but the hype behind Doughty is likely too much this year even though his production doesn't justify his winning it. Defensively, he absolutely has a case but offensively, I think he's too far behind to justify it.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Yeah the voting was done at the end of the regular season by the writers. Burns deserved it even before the playoff series but the hype behind Doughty is likely too much this year even though his production doesn't justify his winning it. Defensively, he absolutely has a case but offensively, I think he's too far behind to justify it.

If doughty deserves it (according to the media), then vlasic deserves it also.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
If my boy Karlsson doesn't win I really hope Burns does. At least there's statistical validation for him winning (27 goals is insane) unlike Doughty and his dominant 52 point season.

boylerroom

Jan 2, 2012
PRofKA
tumblr_mc7kqebid11r98lguo3_250.gif

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If doughty deserves it (according to the media), then vlasic deserves it also.

With Vlasic's injury to finish the year, I can at least understand Doughty over Vlasic at this stage even with Vlasic's better even strength numbers. Doughty is obviously better on the PP given the opportunity and Vlasic sort of sagged defensively compared to what he's normally at. But Burns? He far outpaces Doughty while Doughty does outpace Burns defensively, to the level that earns a Norris nod over him? I think that's debateable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad