Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastviewoftheStorm

Dec 2, 2017
I think I'll mention the things I enjoyed from tonight's game: the safety patrollers did not give up! And I thought mcfadden and primeau were the best players on the ice for our Storm. If I were Kingston, I'd worry about the rebound on Friday

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I think I'll mention the things I enjoyed from tonight's game: the safety patrollers did not give up! And I thought mcfadden and primeau were the best players on the ice for our Storm. If I were Kingston, I'd worry about the rebound on Friday
I believe Primeau deserves regular shifts. He shows signs of greatness.....and where is Stevenson?..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
two games ago ; the Primeau , Bertuzzi , Stevenson line was in my mind best in game...last night Stevenson is gone..Primeau is a bench warmer..few shifts..and Bert not much better.... ?????what am I missing here....?

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
two games ago ; the Primeau , Bertuzzi , Stevenson line was in my mind best in game...last night Stevenson is gone..Primeau is a bench warmer..few shifts..and Bert not much better.... ?????what am I missing here....?

I'm assuming Stevenson is injured/sick. Team has been a player short the last two games, which I assume is unintentional.

Gonna get worse with what looked like a bad injury to Ratcliffe after blocking a shot yesterday - did not return and left the rink on crutches.

Thought Primeau was great yesterday....I didn't notice that he was a bench warmer. I thought he played quite a bit (for a bottom sixer), but I couldn't easily find ice time stats.

Bert was a -5 yesterday, so I'm not sure the coaching staff was too inclined to give him more ice than he got. That said I thought he looked OK too as far as creating offense goes. That line still needs to use it's line-mates more....tough when you are always playing with different players, though.

Fun game Friday. Yesterday was a dumpster fire.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Well that was embarasing. Wasn't impressed by the effort put out by many players, but two stand out in my opinion. Even though both were either even or +1 respectively neither seemed to put out much effort defensively Smith's back checking seemed laboured at best or no effort at all. Merkley I think enough has been said already. To be slapped like that on home ice should be a giant wake up call and the boys owe it to themselves to vastly improve come Friday.

Guelph 5-3 on Friday. (I hope)
Hillis

Reactions: EastviewoftheStorm

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
No word on Merkleys face/head/possible concussion yet? No news is hopefully good news. If he didn't get that skate blade to the face he's lucky, though judging by the blood that was never scraped off the ice he wasn't..

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
Are you sure that was Merkley's blood? I thought it came from the Kitchener player who fought Schnarr and went face down at that spot.

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
I was right there and the blood did come from the fight with Schnarr. Which seemed like the only battle they won all game.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Ratcliffe's x-rays were apparently negative, which has to be good news.

Would imagine he'll still miss a week or two, but here's hoping he's back soon.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Merkely and Hillis named to the CHL/NHL Top Prospects game, taking place Thurs Jan 25 at the Pitcher.

Congrats, boys!

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
Here are my predictions for this weekend:

Fri. Dec. 15th
Guelph - 5
Kingston - 4
GWG - Smith

Sat. Dec 16th
SSM - 7
Guelph - 3
GWG - Katchouk

Sun. Dec. 17th
Guelph - 5
Oshawa - 3
GWG - Ralph

StormFan87

Dec 19, 2014
Fri. Dec. 15th
Kingston - 2
Guelph - 4
GWG - Hillis

Sat. Dec 16th
SSM - 6
Guelph - 2
GWG - Carroll

Sun. Dec. 17th
Guelph - 3
Oshawa - 1
GWG - Merkley

noobie1

Oct 30, 2014
Fri. Dec. 15th
Guelph - 5
Kingston - 2
GWG - Hillis

Sat. Dec 16th
SSM - 5
Guelph - 3
GWG - Carroll

Sun. Dec. 17th
Guelph - 5
Oshawa - 2
GWG - Merkley

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
All in all not a bad game last night, but I was a wee bit disappointed when the Storm took their foot of the gas in the second period. Although much of that was because kingston came out loaded for bear. Can't wait for our big guys to breakout from their collective slumps. Better effort from Smith last night, but still not up to last years bang and slam player he is, just wondering if he is being held back, or if his ankle is still tender. I like our new defense pairs, less getting caught on the breakout and with one offensive paired with a more stay at home guy bodes well.
Big test today, a good performance is all I ask, a point or two would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad