Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
Burnett is 55- has the on ice game passed him by?

Yes. Absolutely.

Also, with there game where it is now - so much prep work, systems, scouting etc. - there is NO WAY one person should be handling both the GM and Coach job. They are two separate positions with two separate job descriptions. Each job must have the individual's sole focus, and anything less is doing a disservice to the team. There is no way that one person can do both job's to the level needed in the league.....including Coach Burnett. This needs to change....both jobs are going to be done half-co*ked and then both team and front office suffer.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
TOTAL (33 GP)
battfan88816
RCS25
Stormfan8720
TrueBlueStorm18
Stormdude24
StorminNorman20
geo10513
noobie110
Chico Maki25
Stormforthewin21
StormWatcher25
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Stormdude

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
Just curious with only a few weeks until the trade deadline what people might think will happen, or what you would like to see happen?

For me I think that the Storm will move a couple of the players that will not be here next year. I think there will be some interest in Smith and McFadden. Outside chance on Shoemaker and McEwan but unlikely.

Depending on what is available in the trade market for McFadden, is he more valuable staying here until the end of the year to continue to work with the younger defence? I think that Lalonde has improved as the year has progressed and although he gets carved up on here I see improvement in Merkley's game as well.

Also wondering if there is a chance the Storm sign one or two of their drafted players from last years draft class. The roster is tight right now and if they move a couple of players there may be a need.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
In my opinion, any value McFadden has on the trade market doesn't exceed his value as a leader and captain. No one else on this team could step into that role.

Edited to add: the only trade I could see happening is Smith.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
I agree with SW- I think the only potential trade that makes any sense is Smith- won't be back next year (add a conditional draft pick to trade in case he is) and has skills desired by playoff teams (gritty,ability to score, makes other team aware of his presence on the ice etc) Also noticed he was used on PK last few games- showcasing diversity?
We won't get a ton for him, but maybe a 2nd, 3rd, top prospect and conditional 15th that becomes another 3rd if he plays as an OA.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Just retweeted this tweet from Tony Saxon, Hope Guelph fans can keep an eye out.

I hope they find the schitt bag and most of all I hope the jersey is found and returned to the owner.

GEO1050101

Sep 28, 2017
Okay game last night, got up and held on for the win. Goaltending was strong and at times had to be outstanding. I felt our captain played a great game, his partner should take note. Have to agree with Saxon, our drafted players have to produce more, that being said Tropchenko has to have his luck change, broken sticks, bouncing puck and big saves have him shaking his head. Smith's woes were apparent yesterday, in alone on the goalie and he hit the logo on the the jersey with his shot. I thought that the defense played okay considering they were down to five D. Big couple of games coming up! Will be satisfied with two points, can't see us beating the Soo, but the game in Sudbury is winnable.
Soo - 4
Guelph - 1
Verbeek
Guelph - 5
Sudbury - 2
Smith

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
Sat. Dec. 30th
SSM - 6
Guelph - 2
GWG - Gettinger

Sun. Dec. 31st
Guelph - 5
Sudbury - 3
GWG - Ralph

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
make yer move Coach ... McFadden .. Smith .. for 2 big young D propects... plus pics..and move the Merk up te forward...great talent ...wasted at D.....................PLEEEEZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad