Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Last night was the game I've talked about where owning their 1st round opponent made them complacent. They were "not prepared" as the level of competition increased. I'm glad they got that one out of the way so they can step it up from now on. Bring on Sunday.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Guelph takes Danny Zhilkin in the first round. He's a BU commit, so hopefully he's a lock for Guelph.

Edit: He changed his social media summaries to "Guelph Storm prospect" from BU commit. That's a relief.

Last edited:
Reactions: storm surge

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
got a good pic at 14.. but would have picked Artem.. G.Marlies.. (heez gonna be #5++). at 14 and possibly one we chose would be there at 2nd round..our D will be really shallow next year. Peterborough got Artem..@%$#!.. good young talent at #1 anyway..

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
got a good pic at 14.. but would have picked Artem.. G.Marlies.. (heez gonna be #5++). at 14 and possibly one we chose would be there at 2nd round..our D will be really shallow next year. Peterborough got Artem..@%$#!.. good young talent at #1 anyway..

Our forward group was going to be a heck of a lot shallower then the D group next season.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Our forward group was going to be a heck of a lot shallower then the D group next season.

The only D guaranteed to return are Lalonde and Chayka. Throw in Gordeev and Profaca.

At forward we've got, in no order:

Gogolev/Hillis/Ralph
Roberts/Zhilkin/Stevenson
McFarlane/Collins/Papais
Sikic/Maillet/Bowman

A young squad, yes. But not a dumpster fire if they can pick up a couple of good D in the import draft. If they get one of the fliers to report that speeds things up a bit.

If we go to the finals this year it's worth it, if not... well, my guess is it's still better than a couple of years ago.

Reactions: LDN

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
The Storm are a huge team built for the playoffs. If they fail to be physical and use their size against a speedy Knight team they won't be around long.
ya but .. when they touch the green guys.. they fall down..and do mean things .. they get easy penalties and green guys score against them.. gee!
WHATEVER.....kitch tried same stuff..still believe in ya Storm.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
ya but .. when they touch the green guys.. they fall down..and do mean things .. they get easy penalties and green guys score against them.. gee!
Surge Kitchener was a small team that went out like a lamb. London is not Kitchener. They finished first in the conference. The Storm are going to have to work hard now to compete. Every game of every round now will be a battle to win. I guarantee if the Storm let the Knights skate they will lose this series.
The Storm have no choice but to play physical and use their size to wear the Knights down.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
The only D guaranteed to return are Lalonde and Chayka. Throw in Gordeev and Profaca.

At forward we've got, in no order:

Gogolev/Hillis/Ralph
Roberts/Zhilkin/Stevenson
McFarlane/Collins/Papais
Sikic/Maillet/Bowman

A young squad, yes. But not a dumpster fire if they can pick up a couple of good D in the import draft. If they get one of the fliers to report that speeds things up a bit.

If we go to the finals this year it's worth it, if not... well, my guess is it's still better than a couple of years ago.

You also forgot Terry. Lalonde, Chayka, Gordeev, Profaca and Terry isn't an awful core. Having half of all forwards with less then 15GP each is certainly going to be a problem. That's why I mentioned the forward group being a heck of a lot shallower then the D core.

Two import slots leave flexibility though. Trading Popovich and keeping Hawel (should he remain without NHL/AHL contract, which I doubt) would be something to consider as well.

I definitely agree with the last point though, a long playoff run is worth it. I would repeat 2014 and the low years after all over again for sure.

Reactions: StormWatcher

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
You also forgot Terry. Lalonde, Chayka, Gordeev, Profaca and Terry isn't an awful core. Having half of all forwards with less then 15GP each is certainly going to be a problem. That's why I mentioned the forward group being a heck of a lot shallower then the D core.

Two import slots leave flexibility though. Trading Popovich and keeping Hawel (should he remain without NHL/AHL contract, which I doubt) would be something to consider as well.

I definitely agree with the last point though, a long playoff run is worth it. I would repeat 2014 and the low years after all over again for sure.
Gordeev likely to Marlies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010

1. You hardly touched the green guys all night. Your size advantage was never a factor.
2. If Suzuki hadn't taken 3 penalties you wouldn't have known he played.
3. Play 3 more games like Friday and you likely won't be fortunate enough to even be shooting for the tying goal in the last minute in any of them. Series will be over.

Guelph needs to play a lot better. I think they can.

Reactions: storm surge

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
1. You hardly touched the green guys all night. Your size advantage was never a factor.
2. If Suzuki hadn't taken 3 penalties you wouldn't have known he played.
3. Play 3 more games like Friday and you likely won't be fortunate enough to even be shooting for the tying goal in the last minute in any of them. Series will be over.

Guelph needs to play a lot better. I think they can.
to Suzuki... the cup in your hand ..is what makes it all mean something...go and TAKE it...leave your ego aside.

Reactions: rangersblues

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
How long until George realizes that speed is killing him? 6 periods and still hasn’t figured it out. 4 on 4 we hardly touched the puck. Maybe try some speed. Everyone else can see it

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
sloppy sloppy.. lazy.. no apparent strategy..I thought we traded #6 to the petes... win this guys or you likely are done like dinner.

hocknow

Feb 13, 2016
So what's he supposed to do? Tell them "skate faster guys".
First two lines are too slow. Inject some speed from the 3rd and fouth guys. We had much better success beating them in the season that way. These lines are too slow.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
what a bs game.. the greens are provoking non stop..... gotta win 4 outa next five..no fire in this team..hate ta say it but .. whenz training camp start..

Reactions: KnightsWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad