Guelph Storm 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
3-1 Knights win tonight!! Haha, anyways good game tonight everyone! It's literally gonna be a coin-toss for the first game.

NamesAreHardToChoose

Sep 22, 2018
Not much to say other than Suzuki had three penalties.

Two were highly questionable on how it wasn't called on the London side in the first place. I get the retaliation but the fact that it happened twice is brutal.

2 of Suzuki's penalties ended up in the back of our net, without that happening, we win this game 2-1.

Samorukov caught flat-footed on the first goal.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Not much to say other than Suzuki had three penalties.

Two were highly questionable on how it wasn't called on the London side in the first place. I get the retaliation but the fact that it happened twice is brutal.

2 of Suzuki's penalties ended up in the back of our net, without that happening, we win this game 2-1.

Samorukov caught flat-footed on the first goal.

Great game and I predicted the Knights would win 3-1, so I guess Ill have to settle for 3-2. But I expect a better Storm team on Sunday. The Knights owned the Storm for 50mins and you guys owned the Knights the last 10mins. It will be interesting to see what Storm team comes out on Sunday.

Reactions: jimbarrou

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Can’t play rope-a-dope hockey for two periods and expect to win games at this stage. Shades of the play down the stretch and has to be improved upon for success in this series. Full credit to the Knights for winning a lot of puck battles tonight - look forward to Sunday for lessons learned and a different outcome.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
It was a great game all around, hard fought to the end. Hope the whole series is like that. Worst part of tonight and I think even you guys will agree, the linesmen needed to stop trying to be important, I have never seen that many players kicked out of the face off in my life! It got ridiculous, just drop the damn puck!

Bruins10

Mar 31, 2016
We'll look for the split on Sunday. Hopefully, the team can build on the momentum they developed in the last ten minutes or so of the first game. Would really like to see them take advantage of their size advantage and finish their checks in game two. Would also expect to see a big improvement in Samorukov's game. He's been rock solid all year long but thought his play bordered on the brutal on some shifts tonight. Hope this was just an anomaly.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Can't say I was as cocky as some seeing Kooy as the starter. Didnt see the game as I was at a friends surprise birthday party last night but reading the post game article you have Burnett saying "we got what we deserved."
How many times has he said that after loses this year? Because we've heard it too many times.

Ratcliffe: "We weren't prepared tonight."
I guess a week off isnt enough prep time.

We've seen games like last nights from Guelph all year. Screw around for 45 mins then suddenly turn on the jets at the end look fantastic but fall short.

Going to need a big effort on Sunday.

Reactions: storm surge

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Can't say I was as cocky as some seeing Kooy as the starter. Didnt see the game as I was at a friends surprise birthday party last night but reading the post game article you have Burnett saying "we got what we deserved."
How many times has he said that after loses this year? Because we've heard it too many times.

We've seen games like last nights from Guelph all year. Screw around for 45 mins then suddenly turn on the jets at the end look fantastic but fall short.

Guelph is definitely the better team when they want to be. London’s speed will give them problems at times, but as mentioned if the Storm play more than 10 good minutes a game, they will win this series.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017

what part does coach play in making sure team is well "prepared".. they looked halfa sleep in first 50 min...plus the early penalties..deserved or not..whatever ya did with Kitchener;..ya gotta do with London guys..they were good though... and you didn't show up..till too late..Gogolev is a great kid.. but i can't believe his ankle is right yet..he can dominate when heez 100%.. is he playing on puffy ankle?..then sit him coach ..I really like him; but maybe heez just not back sufficiently and safely. Stevenson is really solid....is Hillis really top end?..Stoke em up coach ..gotta win at least one in London... better now!.. oh ya ;...these refs tend to penalize Guelph for anything they can find early..nothing if need be..ya can't beat London in the box..and you should dominate when a man up.... well played though on London..you choked up the middle .. game over...WAKE UP STORM!

Reactions: KnightsWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1