GDT: Group S • May 9 • Sweden 5, Germany 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
I knew they would start hyping fasth after the danmark game, hes gonna ruin everything in the end book it...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Fasth has only been good compared to Enroth, overall pretty average. He can better, hopefully playing twice or thrice in a row will only do him good.

in every game so far they looked like there's still an extra gear they are hiding. it's a solid effort, but nothing more.

but i guess in group stage that's all you really need. wins by 2-3 goals is good enough against the weaker teams.

They've shown glimpses of that extra gear. First 15 minutes against Denmark is a good example. Well generally the first periods have been pretty good, except for today. But then they put on the brakes, and they start making careless mistakes with the puck. We need to see the game against Russia first me thinks.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Can anyone tell me how Stalberg has been playing? Thanks.

This was his best game I think, he has three goals in the tournament so far. Looked a bit out of place and has been switched around with linemates a lot, but he's starting to use his speed and shot now, just like he should.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Oh yeah... Metal... both sweden and germany are great when it comes to metal, hard to pick between the two... My personal favourite hails from germany

:yo:

Yep, both are quite outstanding. But I'm going to give the nod to Sweden, because of Opeth.

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Can anyone tell me how Stalberg has been playing? Thanks.

They've found a third wheel to Stalberg and Kruger now in Landeskog that seems to be working. Landeskog getting his nose dirty, Kruger doing much of the playmaking and Stalberg getting into scoring posititions(also winning a lot of puck battles). They were our best line tonight for the most part. Considering these guys don't play much PP, three goals is very good so far for Stalberg. They just gotta keep doing what they did tonight.

Jonsson

May 28, 2010
Vetlanda, Sweden
Does Erik Karlsson possess the very ugliest dialect/accent in Sweden?

Maybe...I´m from the same town as him and Franzén and people allways make fun of our dialect/accent:laugh:

But guess EK is a bit worse...sound like a hybrid accent of Småland and Göteborg.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Germany has way better metalbands then sweden...

Edguy
Avantasia
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Axxis
Freedom Call
Blind Guardian
Masterplan
Primal Fear

Etc. Its just impossible for sweden to compete with Germany in terms of metalbands :shakehead

If you're into Power metal maybe yes*, which actually I am too, but it's a sub-genre that gets a lot of (undeserved) disrespect.

*Though Swedens Sabaton is a great melodic metal band, as good as many of those bands is today at least.

Last edited:

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany

Raubtier gives Sweden the nod.

Only if you dismiss the influence of "Engel" by Rammstein on that ;)

Thanks for that, haven't heard from Raubtier, but sounds like something I should keep an eye at (or better ear for) :handclap:

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Raubtier is influced by Rammstien in more songs than just that song, or so I heard, havent listen to them much myself, but everone seem to regard them as a Swedish version of Rammstein, or at least an attempt to be.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Germany has way better metalbands then sweden...

Edguy
Avantasia
Helloween
Gamma Ray
Axxis
Freedom Call
Blind Guardian
Masterplan
Primal Fear

Etc. Its just impossible for sweden to compete with Germany in terms of metalbands :shakehead

That was an awful amount of horrible bands you mentioned.. then again I hate Powermetal. It's nothing but cheese and leather. So strictly talking about power metal I agree with you but in no other way are there better metal bands from Germany.

When Germany comes up with highly influential bands like:
At the Gates
Opeth
Katatonia
Meshuggah
Dismember
Breach
Bathory
Nasum
Entombed
Dissection

I could keep going but I'd rather not.. would take forever :laugh:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Know what the best Swedish music is though? As big of a metal person I am, I like the Swedish progressive rock scene more.

etc

Germany's got the best artsy non metal band though, in Tangerine Dream. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad