|Pierre Dehaen
wsk.gif
|Miroslav Valach

Last edited:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
One of Sweden's d-men will fill in at forward, I bet it's gonna be Brodin as he's the best skater of them (outside of Karlsson, and EK definitely won't play as a 4th line winger).

Manny*

Nobody else think N. Kronwall might be good on the fourth line?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
A guy like N.Kronwall (or Hedman) would be better as a 4th line forward. They can forecheck better than Brodin. N.Kronwall can be extra predatory if he's allowed to lurk high in the opposing end. Make them Germans pay for...trying to beat us.

If I were a coach I would have N.Kronwall double as a D and this 4th line forward.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
staffan kronwall will play as forward haha., powerforward?

It makes sense in the end. Hedman, EK or N.Kronwall would probably do better as forwards but at the same time they are needed and much more useful on the blue line. S.Kronwall is "expendable" on the blue line and he's not a bad skater.

I am guessing that the 4th line will get very low minutes tonight unless we're up by 3-4 goals.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I would have put S. Kronwall there too. You don't move a guy like Karlsson or N. Kronwall up front, as both are far too valuable on the blue line. Hedman has had a poor tournament, but we need him to find his game, putting him on the 4th line won't help in that regard. Brodin has been a stud, played really calm, let's not put him in a position where he might lack confidence and mess up his tournament.

Therefor, Staffan Kronwall makes the most sense. I mean, when have you ever seen an NHL team move one of their better defenders to a forward line? Usually, you put your worst defenseman up there. I can just bring Anaheim up as an example. Over the last two years, Sheldon Brookbank and Andy Sutton saw some time on the 4th forward line, not Visnovsky or Fowler.

Actually though, if the choice was mine, I'd have six defensemen and eleven forwards tonight...

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
I hate this game as a fan of both teams. Normally I would be in slight favor for Sweden, but the German team needs every point after the loss against Latvia...So, who to cheer for? Ahhh...

That aside I think that might become the ugliest game for the German team in the group stage. Sweden is a team that is usually already an even harder team to play against for them than Canada, the Czechs etc., and with the Swedish team in goal scoring mood.... uah... I see a 4:0 or 5:1 for Sweden.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Sweden is like a wounded tiger right now. Time for us to send a message that elbows to the head etc will lead to consequences. And please, not Brodin in box play.
2-1.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I would have put S. Kronwall there too. You don't move a guy like Karlsson or N. Kronwall up front, as both are far too valuable on the blue line. Hedman has had a poor tournament, but we need him to find his game, putting him on the 4th line won't help in that regard. Brodin has been a stud, played really calm, let's not put him in a position where he might lack confidence and mess up his tournament.

Therefor, Staffan Kronwall makes the most sense. I mean, when have you ever seen an NHL team move one of their better defenders to a forward line? Usually, you put your worst defenseman up there. I can just bring Anaheim up as an example. Over the last two years, Sheldon Brookbank and Andy Sutton saw some time on the 4th forward line, not Visnovsky or Fowler.

Actually though, if the choice was mine, I'd have six defensemen and eleven forwards tonight...

Same. I guess that Staffan will penalty kill some though as a D, but it's still a lot of ice time to cover for 5 D's. More precisely 24 minutes each.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Ich bin schnappi, das kleine krokodil!!

way to throw rocks in glasshouses btw, does norway even have any singers?:laugh:

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Man... Quiet GDT.

it's a tricky game for me. rooting for both. i could write how i enjoy the swedish team, but on the other hand i would have to bash the germans for playing dumb as usual. never seen a team that is this bad at shooting. they couldn't score to save their lives. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad