GDT: Group S • May 6 • Germany 2, Latvia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schalkenullvier*

I'm amazed at how many open nets you can miss in just one game. This could've been worse for us. Sadly, that quarter final spot is now all but gone :(

danista

Mar 25, 2004
Cologne, Germany
Deserved victory for Germany. This team will have their hands full against Norway and Denmark. After this performance i don't think they will make the quarters.

GermanNuck

Jun 15, 2011
Germany
Congrats to Latvia, seems like once again we'll have to beat russia to make it to the QF;)

+Latvia still has to face Italy:sarcasm:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Wasn`t pretty but we did it,also Indrasis is beast he is Darzins 2.0

IndraÅ¡is is IndraÅ¡is. The man has to perfect his own playing style, and in a year or two should be put with Karsums or DārziņÅ¡ + some third player in one line on the national team. We could almost make two strong battle lines + DaugaviņÅ¡ factor. That is of course if others are healthy enough to participate in WC. Imagine if Karsums and DārziņÅ¡ were present this year!

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Bartulis was really immense today, I'm glad for the guy, what a horrendous year this have been for him.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Well, the good thing about our team is that they're always good for a surprise, if they get into the game early, they might steal the points.

Well, the good team about our team is the same :) We've won Sweden not that long ago (2009) and we've lost only in OT to Czechs not that long ago too (2010 Olympics) and, adding to the history of surprises, last year we lost to Finland only in SO, so I'm confident we can make our own (hopefully positive) surprises...

The same though can be said about Norway and Denmark too.... and Italy already surprised Danes. There's still 5 games!!! to play, the 1/4 final or relegation places are not decided yet, let's play 2 more rounds (and then still 3 games are left) and see what is happening, how the group's shaping up...

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Nothings over yet, not for Germany and not for Latvia. I'm quite sure we'll see some more surprises in this group and a very close race for the QF-places.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Wow huge win for Latvia. If Latvia takes care of business against Norway and does their job against Italy and Denmark they might have just gotten into the quarter's with this win.

Germans better be careful. They are only 25 points up on Norway in the rankings and the Slovaks aren't that far back either. If the Slovaks make the QF and Norway manages to finish ahead of them in their pool(not sure how final rankings work, but one team from other pool or their pool would also have to slot between Norway/Germany) they very well might slip out of the top 9, losing the automatic berth into the Olympics. :amazed: Germans basically HAVE to beat Norway.

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Wow huge win for Latvia. If Latvia takes care of business against Norway and does their job against Italy and Denmark they might have just gotten into the semi's with this win.
Surely, you mean the quarter-finals? Because even if we deal with Norway/Denmark/Italy, we're still just 3rd or 4th in the group. How does playing against Russia or Sweden in the QFs mean we've gotten into the semis? :)

And the probability of 3 straight Latvian wins against Italy, Denmark AND Norway is quite low to be fair. We will lose points most likely, so nothing's over yet.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Surely, you mean the quarter-finals? Because even if we deal with Norway/Denmark/Italy, we're still just 3rd or 4th in the group. How does playing against Russia or Sweden in the QFs mean we've gotten into the semis? :)

And the probability of 3 straight Latvian wins against Italy, Denmark AND Norway is quite low to be fair. We will lose points most likely, so nothing's over yet.

Oops. :laugh: Edited. The Italians and Danes don't seem that strong, I anticipate one of them getting relegated, Denmark is missing too much talent from their roster. Norwegians might be tough, but they too are missing some notable talent as well. We'll see, but I think Latvia has a decent chance at sneaking into the quarters at this point.

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
Well, it´s not over yet. Latvia is a good team, but i totally see Denmark and Norway being able to beat them. I actually think that no team of Italy, Denmark, Norway and Germany is going to win every game.

Manny*

Very happy for Latvia. Kaspars Daugavins had a recent interview in which he expressed how little respect Latvia gets as a hockey country. I tend to agree with him. Girgensons may turn some heads in the same way Kopitar did for Slovenia.

I'll be cheering for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad