GDT: Group S • May 6 • Germany 2, Latvia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Germany is dominating the game since the end of the 1st period.

Our guys have to turn things around if they want to win.

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
Emotions got us through the first period. After that it was only Realpolitik.
I fear Germans have more experience in it than we have.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
That's typical Latvian team. If something goes wrong, they lose it. They don't like unpredictable things, and something out of script makes them feel unprepared.

Joey Banana

Mar 9, 2012
I am a little confused and maybe somebody here can help me out.

Before the game I keep hearing from all these "experts" tht one of they keys for this game against Latvia is to play a gritty and physical game.

But then two of our more gritty and physical players in Schütz and Rankel are scratched. I don't get it. :help:

The first period was bad. The second was a little better, but still not good. I have very little confidence in this team. Hopefully Latvia will run out of gas. :shakehead

I dunno, but one player had to be taken out for Akdag. I would have preferred either Kaufmann or Rankel. Rankel was pretty bad against Italy. Schütz has at least some skills. But so does Pietta.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Emotions got us through the first period. After that it was only Realpolitik.
I fear Germans have more experience in it than we have.

If you go by "Realpolitik" then you let the bigger power win, so your country are not overrun, so I would really stick to the fighting emotion. :sarcasm:

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
If you go by "Realpolitik" then you let the bigger power win, so your country are not overrun, so I would really stick to the fighting emotion. :sarcasm:
Thanks to the referees, Latvia suddenly became the bigger power. Perhaps Realpolitik is not that unfavourable after all. :)

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
At this point we should introduce Alexander Starkovs to our coaching stuff. We wouldn't even cross the red line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad