GDT: Group S • May 5 • Latvia 2, Russia 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Excuse me while I drool imagining what Kuznetsov can do with Datsyuk feeding him.

....don;'t think this is televised though, unfortunately, will have to wait until the "playoff" games start too see them.

CatOTails

Jul 18, 2011
Latvia
Losing is for losers.

In order to have better chances at the play-off round, we must finish at the top of the group. Playing against Sweden or Russia in the QFs would be very tough.

You're right loosing is for losers and that's what Team Latvia was doing pretty much every single tournament. So I wouldn't be that optimistic saying victory is a must. We can win but chances are meh.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
5-2 russia

goalscorer
Russia: Datsyuk 2, Kuznetsov, Perezhogin and Tereshchenko
Latvia: Bukarts, Rēdlihs

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
You're right loosing is for losers and that's what Team Latvia was doing pretty much every single tournament. So I wouldn't be that optimistic saying victory is a must. We can win but chances are meh.
Thank god you're not one of the Latvian players.

We've got a win and a loss against Russia this year. The total record against Russia in the Elite division is 2 wins/2 losses. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

And, no, victory is not a must, fighting for victory is a must. If we will lay on the ice before pucks like Skrastiņš did, if we'll fight like a team, not letting the Russkies breathe, we will be victorious, no matter the result.

As for our Asian friend from Kemerovo, I'd advise you to prepare yourself for a little surprise.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
As for our Asian friend from Kemerovo, I'd advise you to prepare yourself for a little surprise.

Woo, someone knows where Kemerovo is!
I'd surely appreciate a good effort and a hard clean game from your team, and I expect this.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
I love how Latvia is playing, so far the game looks very equal...
Beautiful chance by Miķelis!
Latvia.gif

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Nikitin is just awful, he is much worse on big ice. Always late to the play, bad on 1-on-1s, stupid penalties.
Oh look :laugh: what a softie by Varly.

JA

"It's a goal-ah! It's a goal-ah! On the rink-ah!"

I think these guys are trying to call the play-by-play by watching only the video stream. The video started getting all choppy, and he actually stopped talking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad