|David Lewis
wca.gif
|François Dussureault
wfi.gif
|Sakari Suominen

Last edited:

VladNYC*

Wow that team Russia roster is.... :(

This might be the first time we have a more talented Defense then Offense.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
If Masalskis and defence play their best game in their professional career ,we might have a chance against this russian roster.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
If our defense does the work well, we might put up a good show.

Thread maker should fix the title. It's Latvia vs. Russia, not "Latvis vs. Russia".

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Systemfel should ban himself for inciting national hatred, it's 'Latvia', not 'Latvis'.

On a more serious note, I think this is going to be a relatively easy win for us, this year's Russian team is very average, the coach is bad, all the offensive power rests on 2 players that haven't geled in yet, the game they showed in the exhibition games was completely dull (weren't able to score 3(!) games in a row).

They're going to play only with 3 lines, the players are over-confident and maybe even more importantly - their first games in the championship are often bad and they get better as the tournament progresses, just like the US or Canada.

So I'm saying 2-0 or 3-1 to Latvia.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Systemfel should ban himself for inciting national hatred, it's 'Latvia', not 'Latvis'.

On a more serious note, I think this is going to be a relatively easy win for us, this year's Russian team is very average, the coach is bad, all the offensive power rests on 2 players that haven't geled in yet, the game they showed in the exhibition games was completely dull (weren't able to score 3(!) games in a row).

They're going to play only with 3 lines, the players are over-confident and maybe even more importantly - their first games in the championship are often bad and they get better as the tournament progresses, just like the US or Canada.

So I'm saying 2-0 or 3-1 to Latvia.

I think you`re beeing unreasonably optimistic.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Ill be happy even if we lose minimally 2:1 or 3:1 wouldn`t be too bad so we can concentrate on more important opponents
Losing is for losers.

In order to have better chances at the play-off round, we must finish at the top of the group. Playing against Sweden or Russia in the QFs would be very tough.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Losing is for losers.

In order to have better chances at the play-off round, we must finish at the top of the group. Playing against Sweden or Russia in the QFs would be very tough.

C`mon man you have to be realistic,look a their roster and ours.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
C`mon man you have to be realistic,look a their roster and ours.
:blah:

Let's just watch the game and see which one of us was more realistic.

There's no point in being in the tournament or showing up on the ice if the task is to lose.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
:blah:

Let's just watch the game and see which one of us was more realistic.

There's no point in being in the tournament or showing up on the ice if the task is to lose.

I`m not saying we should show up to lose,just that russians have way more skilled players,thats all.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
so we can concentrate on more important opponents

Apparently that's not true. Latvia will be going for the win > http://sports.delfi.lv/news/hokeja-...ret-krieviju-spelesim-uz-uzvaru.d?id=42329552

"Mēs negrasāmies iziet laukumā un zaudēt tikai tādēļ, ka Krieviju uzskata par augstākas klases komandu. Spēlēsim uz uzvaru, uzspiedīsim savu spēli un izdarīsim visu, lai Krievijai atņemtu punktus," (Masaļskis)
In English:
"We won't lose this game only because Russia is being considered a favorite. We'll play to the victory, we'll force our game on them and we'll do anything to take away points from Russia" (Masaļskis)

I think we have to expect a great game today and I think Latvia will be doing its best. We'll have a back to back game against Germany tomorrow. It would be stupid not to play against Russia and concentrate our strength against Germany. What's the point? Germany isn't that much weaker then Russia. Hence we must win this... I'll look optimistic too: 3:2 OT win for Latvia!

BTW Latvia will be playing this WC in memory of Kārlis SkrastiņÅ¡!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
I hope our Latvian friendss won't be disappointed too much after a loss today. They have too much unrealistic expectations based on nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad