wch.gif
| Danny Kurmann
wca.gif
| François Dussureault
wus.gif
| Jonathan Morrison

Last edited:

pouskin74*

Meaningless game for Russia. Ok, maybe its not but just in terms of quarterfinals. If Russia likes to avoid Czhechs in quarterfinals for 100% then they should lose it.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Meaningless game for Russia. Ok, maybe its not but just in terms of quarterfinals. If Russia likes to avoid Czhechs in quarterfinals for 100% then they should lose it.

wrong. this could be key game of the tournament for both teams. which one takes more experience with the opponent out of it will have better chance to win the final where they most likely meet again :sarcasm:

Den: have fun, but not too much :)

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Honestly I would like to face the Russians in the QF than the Swedes. I know that Russia has very strong team this year but Czechs simply can't play against Sweden.

Fulcrum

Honestly I would like to face the Russians in the QF than the Swedes. I know that Russia has very strong team this year but Czechs simply can't play against Sweden.

The Czech's are Russia's Achilles heel. Russia always struggles against them, and they really really have to be 100% focused for this game. It's going to be close, I think.

True Rivalry right here.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010

look on the bright side of superstition instead! the home team fails every time... 2000, 2004, 2011 and many other examples. Swedes also have a long streak of winning QF. It has to end one day, I'm not worried at all ;)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
i expect a let down after last game, i see a one goal game, very close. Nikitin is having a tough time playing on larger ice surface and ryasenskiy is a disaster....Kalinin and Emelin will be missed. IIHF could have been a little lenient and suspended Kalinin for 2 games not 3...

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
I'm going to watch this game live, very excited! :) Hoping for a close and good game. So many great players on both teams, too bad Kalinin and Emelin are suspended though.

Will be cheering for the Czechs in this game ;)

Good luck to both fan bases! :)

espo*

That's the spirit!! Advantage......................Czechs.

Last edited by a moderator:

pouskin74*

i expect a let down after last game, i see a one goal game, very close. Nikitin is having a tough time playing on larger ice surface and ryasenskiy is a disaster....Kalinin and Emelin will be missed. IIHF could have been a little lenient and suspended Kalinin for 2 games not 3...

Look like Nikitin is useless on bigger ice. Wouldnt say that i didnt knew it:)

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Hopefully will be another classic battle. I don't expect anything else... Czech wins in OT 3-2... They better finally play aggressive...

Ok can someone please explain to me why Stepanek is starting over Kovar?... Is "coach" really making Stepanek our #1 goalie?....

- On a side note... Is hoping to see Mrazek too much to ask for?.. I mean the kid is probably our best available goalie... And Kovar seems to be better than "never can get the job done - Stepanek". I guess this is the same reason Vincour isn't playing?....

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Hopefully will be another classic battle. I don't expect anything else... Czech wins in OT 3-2... They better finally play aggressive...

Ok can someone please explain to me why Stepanek is starting over Kovar?... Is "coach" really making Stepanek our #1 goalie?....

- On a side note... Is hoping to see Mrazek too much to ask for?.. I mean the kid is probably our best available goalie... And Kovar seems to be better than "never can get the job done - Stepanek". I guess this is the same reason Vincour isn't playing?....

Kovar will be the starting goalie against Russia and Stepanek will play on tuesday against Germany ...

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Kovar will be the starting goalie against Russia and Stepanek will play on tuesday against Germany ...

Ok, good, that's what I originally thought... Any idea who will stay in goal during elimination QF on through?... Or does "coach" plan to continue to alternate?.,,

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
What happens to the standings if Czech Republic wins this game? Then you have Sweden > Czech, Czech > Russia and Russia > Sweden.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Well last Russia game is against Italy so there won't be much difference. It seems that QFs will be Russia vs Somebody and Czech vs Sweden ( :cry: )

EDIT: The main thing is, that we won our game vs Norway in OT so we have one point less.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Well last Russia game is against Italy so there won't be much difference. It seems that QFs will be Russia vs Somebody and Czech vs Sweden ( :cry: )

EDIT: The main thing is, that we won our game vs Norway in OT so we have one point less.

But I'm already assuming that Russia wins against Italy. If CR wins today all teams will have one loss each, so what happens to the top three?

EDIT: Ok, didn't know that about the Norway game.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

That somebody,most likely,will be norway. Danes,latvians and germans have really low chances of getting in the qf

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
What happens to the standings if Czech Republic wins this game? Then you have Sweden > Czech, Czech > Russia and Russia > Sweden.

Looks like a classic WC thingy. :nod:

But i doubt the Czechs are that strong this year :(
But we could always hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad