GDT: Group S • May 12 • Italy 0, Sweden 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
But if you mean in the politically incorrect "I don't become Chineese simply because I move to China"-way, of course you're right :nod:

Politically correct would be to call any non-European immigrant a European, f.e., an Arab living in Malmo is to be called Swedish. Like once a black immigrant from Africa tried to convince me that he was ethnic French. I told him he wasn't so he threatened to get me banned from that particular website. :laugh:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Can anyone give a quick translation of the Larsson interview, just turned the game on and caught the end of it? How has the Brynas line been today?

He was saying that he did the best he could out there but that there wasn't much room. And then he said that he only got 2 shifts with his teammates from Brynas, when the reporter said that they got to play together.

Not an interesting interview.

at all.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Can anyone give a quick translation of the Larsson interview, just turned the game on and caught the end of it? How has the Brynas line been today?

They asked him what he thought of his game, since one of the announcers were saying "I want to see more of Johan Larsson". He replied that "I'm trying my best out there, trying to use the time that's given to me" and was asked what he thought of being lined up with Järnkrok and Silfverberg again and he said "Well, we've only been together for a couple of shifts here, but we know the line has worked before, hopefully I'll get some more time with them".

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
No, politically correct would be to call any non-European immigrant in a European, f.e., an Arab living in Malmo is to be called Swedish. Like once a black immigrant from Africa tried to convince me that he was ethnic French. I told him he wasn't so he threatened to get me banned from that particular website. :laugh:

I live in Sweden, the most politically correct and brainwashed country in the world.

If you say that an immigrant from Somalia who got his citizenship 2 minutea ago isn't as Swedish as an ethnic Swede who's got 600 years of ancestry in Sweden - you are called a racist immediately.

It's scary, haha...

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Thanks for the explanations, game back on, hoping for a productive period out of the Swedes.

edit: and good passing leads to an easy Landeskog goal 4-0.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
They are in fact Italian, otherwise they wouldn't be able to play on team Italy;)

But if you mean in the politically incorrect "I don't become Chineese simply because I move to China"-way, of course you're right :nod:

I simply meant that their hockey education were based in Canada and in that respect they are canadian players!

About whether im "politically incorrect" certainly depend on "local traditions":
Example: I don't become an Iroquios because I move into their territory in USA/Canada and neither if Im born there....and i don't become basque by being born in Bilbao.
Some nations have ethnicity and nation overlap and some don't! Some ethnic groups don't have nations, and some nations comprise of a comglomerate of ethnic groups.
So if you are born in an airplane as it crosses the border between two nations you should have dual nationality, or is it were the airplane started (a third country) or where it lands (a fourth country)....should the child then have quadruple citizen-ship??
Maybe it's easier to have nationality based on their parents and not where you are born :laugh: and if you are born in Antarctica are you then stateless (anything else than parents becomes nonsens). :laugh:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
I live in Sweden, the most politically correct and brainwashed country in the world.

If you say that an immigrant from Somalia who got his citizenship 2 minutea ago isn't as Swedish as an ethnic Swede who's got 600 years of ancestry in Sweden - you are called a racist immediately.

It's scary, haha...

Move to Latvia. 50* years of cultural segregation has taught as not to tolerate anything anymore, although we still do, no matter how hard libs are trying to teach us "civilized" behavior. We have open racism sometimes. Can't stop it! We'll export it to Scandinavia sooner or later! :nod:

You gotta fight for your right to party! :yo:

EDIT: *more like 500-600

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
"We love Sweden":sarcasm:

Take care with all these Swedish flags...it might offend "certain categories of the population" as it's politically correctly called. :laugh:
Im not even sure Sweden winning over an obviously inferior opponent is totally legit....they should loose on purpose for peace on earth.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Hedman's last 2 shifts have been quite good, that last rush was pretty awesome. He was a bit out of position on the Italian flying the zone the shift before but his passing and puck control look excellent today especially compared to earlier in the tournament.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Karlsson's beard sucks, he needs to shave it off.

...well, this must be great game when I'm thinking about this :laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The more tolerant people say they are, the more intolerant they become. As the more equal a country gets "the more equal some gets over others"!
It's all a storm in a glass of water....because you love your country doesn't mean you hate other people. Loving yourself is said to be necessary to love other people. Can a person that hates his own country...love anyone or anything I ask??!

Mara

May 10, 2011
OK, I am going to watch some sci fi, this game makes me sleapy

Yeah this day has probably been the worst in the tournament so far... Watching the games has been like watching paint dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad