GDT: Group S • May 12 • Germany 2, Denmark 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Oh i wish we`d have another great goalie like irbe,but i guess those come only 1 in 50 years unfortunatley.

yeah a small nation can't pump them out all the time. Though the finns have an amazing bunch at the moment.....must have a secret!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
yeah a small nation can't pump them out all the time. Though the finns have an amazing bunch at the moment.....must have a secret!

Well the secret is very simple-great kids and junior hockey system if it`s working how it`s supposed to you get the results like finnish get.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well the secret is very simple-great kids and junior hockey system if it`s working how it`s supposed you get the results like finnish get.

They still do better than everyone else (maybe except the americans that also have pretty amazing goalies).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark has never had an elite goalie....we have had a few average.....so that's why we had so high hopes for Andersen after his SEL season...and reality hits and we are back to mediocre again.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Denmark has never had an elite goalie....we have had a few average.....so that's why we had so high hopes for Andersen after his SEL season...and reality hits and we are back to mediocre again.

Yeah its now the same with Latvia we can produce first round draft pick girgensons but we cant produce an elite GK.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Actually Denmark has now two goalies in Finland (Simon Nielsen Lukko & Patrick Galbraith Espoo Blues) and Frederik Andersen in Frölunda. In the early 2000's we only had Peter Hirsch in Modo and he was very much up and down (plays in England now). Before that only danish league players.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Denmark can produce very good 2-way forwards - great for 3'rd lines in NHL......everyone agree that danish players are wonders in that position because of their defence training from the swedish league. But they can't score, our defence can't defend and our goalies cant save......but we have found our niche i guess.
Anyway just 10 years ago I would have found the news about a danish player in NHL as wishful thinking!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Denmark can produce very good 2-way forwards - great for 3'rd lines in NHL......everyone agree that danish players are wonders in that position because of their defence training from the swedish league. But they can't score, our defence can't defend and our goalies cant save......but we have found our niche i guess.
Anyway just 10 years ago I would have found the news about a danish player in NHL as wishful thinking!

Danish hockey is really improving if you get relegated it could really harm the potential of development in denmark

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
If all goes well next season we`ll have 2`ds in NHL Bartulis and Kulda

I think forwards appeal more to danish mentality......danish players likes to play with the puck!
We had one called Ronny Larsen - amazing puckskill, but not very much into defence (it was the C and B group days).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Danish hockey is really improving if you get relegated it could really harm the potential of development in denmark

Yep i would say catastrophically.....Division 1A when NHL are in regular season, and Germany/Finland/Sweden in playoff....so only danish league players....would be very hard to get back.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I think forwards appeal more to danish mentality......danish players likes to play with the puck!
We had one called Ronny Larsen - amazing puckskill, but not very much into defence (it was the C and B group days).

Oh yeah we have plenty of those too,look at our 21 year old Roberts bukarts,he has the skill but hes lazy in defence and thats why he is often not playing.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
But when danish players start to play more regularily in Sweden it changed a lot, and they learned some Swedish game mentality.....but when they start in Denmark they start playfull and that is why we have so fewer good defencemen IMO

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
If you see the fall of Denmark WC player Kirill Starkov's career from AHL -> KHL -> SEL -> Allsvenskan -> Danish league then trying to get back -> SEL 2013 (all because of not taking defensive responsibilities and then loosing his sniping edge when not playing on the best lines).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad