GDT: Group S • May 12 • Germany 2, Denmark 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
If you see the fall of Denmark WC player Kirill Starkov's career from AHL -> KHL -> SEL -> Allsvenskan -> Danish league then trying to get back -> SEL 2013 (all because of not taking defensive responsibilities and then loosing his sniping edge when not playing on the best lines).

It`s really sad how skilled players waste their talent countries like Latvia and Denmark cannot let talented players go to waste.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
It`s really sad how skilled players waste their talent countries like Latvia and Denmark cannot let talented players go to waste.

We had 3 three russian players in the 90's who's sons got their hockey upbringing in Denmark - chistiakov, starkov, truhno. Only Kirill Starkov chose to be danish citizen (he was drafted as Russian by Columbus), while Slava Truhno (or Vyacheslav Trukhno) choose to be russian at the last minute (plays for the Slovak KHL team i think?). Chistiakovs career never really set off i think.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
We had 3 three russian players in the 90's who's sons got their hockey upbringing in Denmark - chistiakov, starkov, truhno. Only Kirill Starkov chose to be danish citizen (he was drafted as Russian by Columbus), while Slava Truhno choose to be russian at the last minute (plays for the Slovak KHL team i think?). Chistiakovs career never really set off i think.

There is no slovak team anymore in the khl,and i ve never heard of this Slava Truhno.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Vyacheslav (Slava) Trukhno played 4 years in AHL. Now in Medvescak Zagreb OK in the Austrian league??? Weird....i just looked it up. drafted 4'th round by Edmonton in 2005.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
If you see the fall of Denmark WC player Kirill Starkov's career from AHL -> KHL -> SEL -> Allsvenskan -> Danish league then trying to get back -> SEL 2013 (all because of not taking defensive responsibilities and then loosing his sniping edge when not playing on the best lines).

Nice regress.

Also, KHL = overrated.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Latvian Leonids Tambijevs danish league player 1995-96 - remember him?

He managed to be danish league player of the year, while Petri Skriko was it both 1994-95 and 1996-97 (both before and after) - to be better than Skriko he must have had a stunning year (when you see some of the foreign danish league players in the 90's - unbelievable!).

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So Todd Bjørkstrand (danish league player of the year) for Denmark U20
Valery Bragin (danish league player of the year) for Russia U20
Leonids Tambijevs (danish league player of the year) for Latvia U18

Thats some import we got back then!

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So Todd Bjørkstrand (danish league player of the year) for Denmark U20
Valery Bragin (danish league player of the year) for Russia U20
Leonids Tambijevs (danish league player of the year) for Latvia U18

Thats some import we got back then!

Wow danish league produces some quality coaches :handclap:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Its actually the worst one I have heard about...not getting NHL time apparently broke his spirit?!

I think many Latvian NT players are in fact Danish league quality players. A step above Latvian Līga, but definitely not the quality they are pretending to be.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I think many Latvian NT players are in fact Danish league quality players. A step above Latvian Samsung Līga, but definitely not the quality they are pretending to be.

Which ones exactly? Lavins definitley,Cibuslkis more than definitley,Jass most likely,Dzerins also, but apart from these i don`t think they pretend they just have a unlucky period,thats all.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Which ones exactly? Lavins definitley,Cibuslkis more than definitley,Jass most likely,Dzerins also, but apart from these i don`t think they pretend they just have a unlucky period,thats all.

A bad league can have some very good young players....they just have a tendency to disappear with age

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I mean you cant say Mikelis Redlihs,Guntis Galvins,Kaspars Daugavins,hell even young Indrasis are danish league players thats just plain stupid

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I mean you cant say Mikelis Redlihs,Guntis Galvins,Kaspars Daugavins,hell even young Indrasis are danish league players thats just plain stupid

Not today...but in 90's when money attracted some really high quality players.....they could easily have played in Denmark.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
I think many Latvian NT players are in fact Danish league quality players. A step above Latvian Līga, but definitely not the quality they are pretending to be.

Janis Sprukts was a star in the Finnish elite league and I bet guys like M.Redlihs, L.Darzins and most of the Dinamo Riga players would be stars here too. Latvia has a small population but with their passion they've got a chance to become a big hockey nation in the near future.

Finland used to suck at internatiol level in the 70's and the 80's and we were happy if we tied the powerhouses Canada, Sweden, Russia/USSR. Nowadays we wont be happy without a win. I see a similar path with Latvia. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad