GDT: Group S • May 11 • Russia 7, Sweden 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Egentligen Sverige? :amazed:

The result and game is quite similar to last year's final, actually. Game was even, if not even 60/40 for Sweden up until the late 2nd / early 3rd when the moral tanked and Fasth leaked in goals. Exactly the same feeling, except that last year's final wasn't as gritty.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
So was the goaltending to blame?

No doubt Sweden would be better if Lundquist comes over.

In the third period, definitely, but it's more a case of lack of moral. The game got very gritty, and that's how you win against Sweden, Canada usually manages to do it, and Russia did it today. Get under the swedish players skins and get some questionable calls and the swedes will be too frustrated and angry to play and focus properly.

pouskin74*

hehe yeahhh, and maybe you just cant accept what ever he have realised, and so you cry and call it hate, but you should know your not alone, it's a perfectly normal human reaction ^^

its abnormal when human beeing is against his nation or is it normal in Sweden?:sarcasm:

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
So was the goaltending to blame?

No doubt Sweden would be better if Lundquist comes over.

1. Yes

2. Yes

No matter how deep we want to analyze the game, it came down to 1 thing, Fasth sucked horribly. Enroth and Fasths save % must be among the very worst in this tourney. The team is great but PP= goal

This game against Russia showed how desperately Tre Kronor needs a real goalie. Hell it wouldn't be have to be the most consistent goalie in the NHL of the past years but that is the option. Like I said when NYR knocked out Ottawa, No Lundqvist no party.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Enough with the country vs country stuff. And team Canada fans, this thread is to discuss the Sweden, Russia game today, so knock off the OT crap.

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
Enough with the country vs country stuff. And team Canada fans, this thread is to discuss the Sweden, Russia game today, so knock off the OT crap.

Meh, the more the merrier :)

It's nice to have some other fans input regardless if it goes Sweden or Russias favour

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
I don't think Italian soccer deserves this comparison ;)

No it doesn´t. I´m ashamed. I feel sick how russia performed. When the got touched they fell like they where dying. It was horrible to see.

I could have taken that Russia was so much better then Sweden. But trust me...they wherent. They fell alot and got ALOT of refs calls. It was horrible for the sport. I´m a swede. And i even hope that if Sweden get´s out that Finland will crush them. Russia is destoying this sport! Go back to your dandy moves in Russia! We don´t want to see them in this sport!

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Meh, the more the merrier :)

It's nice to have some other fans input regardless if it goes Sweden or Russias favour

Canadian fans are welcome to respectfully comment here about this game. They can't take the thread off topic with talk of Canada vs Russia or the Olympics.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
I can only hope that someone still flatlines Yemelin The Rat in these champs.
No honor, what a disgrace.

Franzen shouldn't have let the incident get under his skin that much though.

DobHoc

Oct 29, 2011
I can only hope that someone still flatlines Yemelin The Rat in these champs.
No honor, what a disgrace.

Franzen shouldn't have let the incident get under his skin that much though.

I have NEVER rooted for Finns. But i´m going to do just that if you guys mets russia. Because Russia is destroying this sport. Those actors should move to hollywood. Watch the whole game betweeen Russia-Sweden and you know what i talk about. I have never seen russians act that way in NHL...what is going on?

pouskin74*

I have NEVER rooted for Finns. But i´m going to do just that if you guys mets russia. Because Russia is destroying this sport. Those actors should move to hollywood. Watch the whole game betweeen Russia-Sweden and you know what i talk about. I have never seen russians act that way in NHL...what is going on?

what is going on...:blah:

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
The ref was bad for both Russia and Sweden. And stop hate Russia it is Emelin you should hate, and Franzen was not an angel either :shakehead . In 3rd period it was 3-3 Russia won the period 4-0 even thoug Sweden had a 5 minute powerplay, you didn't score don't blame the ref, blame your player. Seriously it was one game and today Russia was the better team accept it...

pouskin74*

The ref was bad for both Russia and Sweden. And stop hate Russia it is Emelin you should hate, and Franzen was not an angel either :shakehead . In 3rd period it was 3-3 Russia won the period 4-0 even thoug Sweden had a 5 minute powerplay, you didn't score don't blame the ref, blame your player. Seriously it was one game and today Russia was the better team...

who wants to cry they will cry....

Jedi Pengu*

its abnormal when human beeing is against his nation or is it normal in Sweden?:sarcasm:

No, I'm Canadian, and a die hard hockey fan. I cheer for whoever employes the most Pittsburgh Penguins. This year I'm cheering for Russia in the WHC, strictly because of Malkin. Best player in the world right now, and its not even close. Claude Giroux WHO??????????

demogorgon

Feb 15, 2010
No it doesn´t. I´m ashamed. I feel sick how russia performed. When the got touched they fell like they where dying. It was horrible to see.

I could have taken that Russia was so much better then Sweden. But trust me...they wherent. They fell alot and got ALOT of refs calls. It was horrible for the sport. I´m a swede. And i even hope that if Sweden get´s out that Finland will crush them. Russia is destoying this sport! Go back to your dandy moves in Russia! We don´t want to see them in this sport!

Cry me a river :cry:. Your team sucks, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad