GDT: Group H • May 9 • Canada 3, Switzerland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Call it a penalty if you must, but call the dive also and make it 4 on 4.

What do you think is worse for a ref, getting duped by a dive, or calling a goalie for a dive and it turns out the goalie is actually hurt?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Those are the chances the Swiss can't miss. They aren't going to get many chances like that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Sbisa has been just awful today. On the ice for all 3 goals, didn't do anything on each one. Uncharacteristic of him. In Anaheim he's one of our most responsible guys.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
Similar shot to this one:

Really wish we had an alternate universe where Ward got hit in the head with a stick so we could hear the TSN crew have a meltdown on air about the horribly aggressive and malicious Swiss. I'm Canadian, and their commentary was embarrassing.
Yea, that was pretty ridiculous.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Seriously, stop trying to dangle everyone. :shakehead

He's obsessed. Same problem in Anaheim. He spends the entire game trying to execute the prettiest plays until he realizes it isn't going to work then he goes to the dirty areas and scores. MVP fever or something.

Fulcrum

Pretty solid game for the swiss, creative but missed some really good chances

Mara

May 10, 2011
Pretty solid game for the swiss, creative but missed some really good chances

I'd say it's more than "pretty solid", they're playing against an NHL team, the shots are practically even and they can create quality scoring chances.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'd say it's more than "pretty solid", they're playing against an NHL team, the shots are practically even and they can create quality scoring chances.

They're playing against NHL players, but definitely not an NHL team.

Fulcrum

Well its just sad for the outcome, with the chances they created they deserve more.. Very good effort though

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

There's a huge difference between NHL team and NHL players playing together. Switzerland with a great effort though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad