wfi.gif
|Masi Puolakka

Last edited:

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Can 2 - 4 Sui

the last being an empty netter by Yvo Rutheman, assist by Damien Brunner less than 1 minute before the end.

Yes, ... this is how it will happen !

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
If either Keith or Bouwmeester could play the right side, I'd pair them together and let them play 30 minutes.

Prediction is 4-1 Canada.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I hope that Canadian teams are starting to understand that the Swiss are getting to be a elite hockey country, this is a dangerous team and Canada better not be looking past them or there will be an upset.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I'll say 5-2 Canada, including an empty netter. The Swiss have played us very hard in recent years, but they've had some disappointing games so far against Belarus (barely won) and Finland, and the fact that they'll be playing for the second day in a row won't help things.

holyprime

Oct 5, 2010
I cant see the canadians underestemating the swiss, they played their only two preperation games against us.
cant see how they dissapointed either, they played better in every game (besides some individuals yesterday) as a team.

This time we'll have the better ending: 2:3 despite an early canadian lead. anyway, here's to another great red/white battle.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I hope the Swiss team didnt burn too much energy in yesterday's game and at the same time i hope Canada isnt still 100% in this tournament.

I would really really like to see Switzerland win this, but they need big game from their goalie.

WeberStreit

Jan 31, 2008
I don't think we'll stand a chance against Canada. We burned too mich energy yesterday. It would need an almost flawless game of our goalie & D. And I can't see that happening.

ElTailR

Apr 13, 2012
Geneva
I hope a really good performance by Stephan! He can do it. If we have the same spirit as the Finn's game we can have a chance.

And i'll be really upset if Eberle scores with 5 seconds or less at end of the 3rd... Once is enough

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Wait... the Swiss had a tough game vs. Finland yesterday, and they're already playing Canada?

That's one messed up schedule on their part.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Bring the game winner poll back!

It's a question mark how Canada will start this game. Will they take Swiss seriously, because they played so well vs Finland or will they still slack since they are Canada, the best hockey nation that exists.

Based on that my prediction is that, Swiss will start very well and dominate the game first 1½ periods and maybe even lead 2-1 or so after 2nd period is over. Canada will wake up in 3rd period if they haven't yet and win 3-2 or 4-2. Swiss will be tired in 3rd, because they had to play yesterday against Finland.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
This could end up in many ways...If Canada finally decides to show in this tournament no chance for Swiss team but if they keep on flowting and show lack of emotion Swiss team will win this.

TheZec

Mar 19, 2010
I'd like to think Switzerland has a chance to win this one... but i just don't see it. I say Canada 4:1 with an EN.

croAVSfan*

It would be nice if Swiss can repeat game from Germany two years ago.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Switzerland will be able to score some goals but the scoring instinct of the maple leaf will give it the edge. The final result depends a lot on the Swiss goalie.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I hope a really good performance by Stephan! He can do it. If we have the same spirit as the Finn's game we can have a chance.

And i'll be really upset if Eberle scores with 5 seconds or less at end of the 3rd... Once is enough

Once is never enough for Jordan Eberle: :P

Last edited:

ak90210

Sep 18, 2011
Subban and VLasic injuries really killing this team. There must have been better dmen than Schenn and Methot who would come to the tournament.

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Unfortunately for us Canadian fans, Team Canada has yet to show up and play a single solid complete game in this tournament thus far. The Swiss are more than capable of winning today.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Canada has (ofc) potentional even to beat the in the ice 4-0. But swiss is a good team, hope they aint too exhausted from yesterday.

Im not confident that Getzlaf specially shows up at all again. He can even lose this game by not defending again and surfing around terribly. As a ducks fan, its really same, but then again its been all year getzlafs thing.

If Canada comes getzlaf-style, rolling with sunglasses and surfboard to the ice, we will have first real upset of the tournament (swiss beating someone else but canada wouldn't even be that much real upset), swiss is really good and energic if they have gas left and will beat the **** out of surfing teams I think. If Canada plays good, swiss will still give them tough opponent.

Last edited:

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Unfortunately for us Canadian fans, Team Canada has yet to show up and play a single solid complete game in this tournament thus far. The Swiss are more than capable of winning today.

I don't know why this is a cause for concern. They are coming off long seasons and haven't had a chance to gel as a team, yet they are still winning or making it to overtime in all of their games.

They are only going to get better and I don't see them taking the Swiss lightly after being pushed hard in the pre-tournament games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad