GDT: Group H • May 4 • United States 7, France 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mara

May 10, 2011
Turned a bit ugly in the 3rd but good two periods from the French. Tomorrow USA-CAN if I heard correctly, should be interesting to see if the US keeps on improving their game.

NicolasH

Feb 9, 2008
Rouen (France)
USA wins 7 - 2. France play really good for the first half then ran out of gas and stop playing after the fourth goal. Next game is important to remain in the elite, we have to win it.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
^agreed. few different bounces, and it could've gotten interesting there. good luck the rest of the way!

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I tell you if the 2 french players didnt go for a change in the end of first period when Okposo got the breakaway, if they didnt fell asleep for few USA goals and if the refs didnt suck so bad for the first half of the game this could've had all the makings of a surprise.

But its all "if", glad to see France putting up a competitive team though.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Well, I'm glad the Canadians aren't used to playing on big ice either. Maybe we'll actually have a chance tomorrow. The offense was better than I expected it to be.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I tell you if the 2 french players didnt go for a change in the end of first period when Okposo got the breakaway, if they didnt fell asleep for few USA goals and if the refs didnt suck so bad for the first half of the game this could've had all the makings of a surprise.

Or if they hadn't given up 7 goals...if they'd scored 8...or if Team USA's bus broke down on the way to the game...

Blah, blah, blah, the French got waxed by a better team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
France was better than I expected. Pretty creative off the rush and some big bodies. They have some talent from some top-flight leagues around the globe at it showed. Huet is also a decent goaltender.

From a U.S. perspective, there is some work to do down low on the defensive side of the puck. You can tell this is a young, offensively oriented crew. Good transistion though, and the big guns came to play. Good balance as well. Lasch didn't look out of place either. I'd rather have a guy like that in the line-up than a fourth line NHLer.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
Or if they hadn't given up 7 goals...if they'd scored 8...or if Team USA's bus broke down on the way to the game...

Blah, blah, blah, the French got waxed by a better team.

Game was pretty much dead even until France went down 5-2 and seemed to give up. Without those weak penalty calls it could have easily been 3-2 at that point.

I wouldn't exactly use the term "waxed".

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Well the penalties were generated because France were on the back foot most of the game. For the life of me I'll never understand IIHF refereeing but there isn't a lot to take from this game going forward.

I just hope the US team doesn't get too full of themselves based on this, because Canada will bring them back to earth real soon if they do.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I disagree with the people saying that the US team doesn't look so hot this year. I think for this tournament it's a solid roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad