GDT: Group H • May 13 • Finland 0, United States 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
more crybabies. this one was really hot tho.

In finland we dont cry even if our family died, but might cry if Finland lost in hockey. Thats only situation where its not to be ashamed.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
USA played well though, congrats. They played exactly how they were supposed to play against Finland.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
Whys that? Are the yankees some born gladiators or what?

No,u mad? It wouldn't be wise because theres no point in doing so down by 5. Lose some guys to suspension, or run the risk of USA retaliating and causing an injury...no good would come out of Finland taking runs.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
You wouldn't see anything worse from the USA than what Salmela did, so you have a good point.

USA team doesnt look very tough this time, pretty european team. There is no reason to respect them in that area too much, Joensuu and Komarov could kick their butt. Salmela is a joke like allways.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
An absolute curb stomp by the Americans to the home team. Love it, makes for a great story.

That's what you get for the ridiculous ticket prices, Finnland. Being greedy doesn't pay.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
Jalonen needs to stop leaving a goalie in net when the team stops playing. Isn't he ever going to learn his ****ing lesson? IDIOT!!!

Agreed. Now some "hockey-experts" at home will put this result on
Lehtonen, which is not the case. Jalonen dind't understand the issue,
so Lehtonen had to pretend to be injured before he was pulled out.
Nice psychological handling of Lehtonen's confidence actually by
Nurminen. He should know better.

Mehar

Apr 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks, it means that the USA gets the Silver Medal as a minimum!

You guys could probably win Gold in 2014. Hate saying that, Canada's goalkeeping scares me at times. USA will have Quick, Thomas and Ryan Miller, we have Luongo, Ward and probably a guy like Mike Smith. I think Russia, Canada, and USA will be three of the favourites. Finns will have Rinne, Swedes will have King HenriK, so they could surprise as well. Sochi will be a great tournament. The big ice always hurts Canada as well, so that favours the European teams. To remove my Canada hat, I have to say Russia will take the gold. Hate saying that, but I have to be objective.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this was glorious...

I also love hearing from the Fin posters either making excuses or calling the US not a tough team!!

5-0 ass stomping!

From start to finish this was pure domination..I thought that Finland was overrated and they certainly proved it tonight. The interesting aspect will be if these 2 teams play against each other on Thursday and who plays goal for Finland..

Cant wait until John Carlson joins the club and adds that extra piece of grit some of you Fins apparently think we dont have

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Maybe it's just me but somehow I think that this game wasn't maybe very good effort from us... Were we even moral winners, as usual??

Well, to be serious, we have had nameless and on paper average teams before and we have faced even better teams than the US in this tournament without having these mad panic attacks in our own zone. Maybe these puck control tactics are not so hot when the team is not playing that well and the opposition is forechecking hard and quick. Oh well, the tournament starts only in the QF, hopefully it doesn't also end for Finland!

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
...The big ice always hurts Canada as well, so that favours the European teams.

No offence to CAN, but USA was dominating the big ice today
against a team who is known to be good on big ice - we've
relied on speed for many years, but certainly today the team
using speed was USA. Team USA was fun to watch today.

My point being is, that maybe with a change of tactics N-A teams
would be better even on the big ice. Certainly the tools are there.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
this was glorious...

I also love hearing from the Fin posters either making excuses or calling the US not a tough team!!

5-0 ass stomping!

I'm not sure which thread you've been reading, but I'm reading
a lot of appreciation and respect towards team USA in this
thread by us Finns - from the start of it.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Were we even moral winners, as usual??

Not this time. Can't chalk this up to bad bounces, bad refs, or anything like that. This was just Team Finland falling flat, badly... This was a failure on all fronts. Can't pick one player who played on his level today. Maybe Väänänen, but barely.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'm not sure which thread you've been reading, but I'm reading
a lot of appreciation and respect towards team USA in this
thread by us Finns - from the start of it.

there is some honest posts mixed in there....but the usual nonsense posts seem to stand out

great game nonetheless.

the US got their wake-up call 2 nights ago, and I think Finland might have just had theirs

Latex*

this was glorious...

5-0 ass stomping!

From start to finish this was pure domination..I thought that Finland was overrated and they certainly proved it tonight. The interesting aspect will be if these 2 teams play against each other on Thursday and who plays goal for Finland..

Cant wait until John Carlson joins the club and adds that extra piece of grit some of you Fins apparently think we dont have

Oh yeah you don't like Finland, I've learned it over the years here. Now show some class.

Nice effort by USA :clap: We were pathetic judging by the 30 minutes I watched from the end of the game.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
My last post in this thread, and would like to give props to the US team. Well played, and you won fairly and squarely, no excuses, we were by far the worse team.

See you again in a few days!

:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad