GDT: Group H • May 11 • Finland 3, Canada 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fehr Time*

Should be a good tune up game for Finland heading into the first place showdown with USA. I will say 5-0 Finland.

JYP88*

Wow!
There's a Maritimes in Finland?

Getzlaf23.jpg

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Interesting to see what Granlund can do againt a North American team. He has been decent so far but surely hasn't been firing on all cylinders.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Hopefully the rest of team Finland puts a good effort because if it comes down to this matchup, it will be a blow out for Canada.

Nah, granlund gets under hes skin by simply saying "Chicken Nuget" and thats W for us.:sarcasm:

One of keys for Canada is will Gets love show up today

Mara

May 10, 2011
6-3 for Canada. Puck possession 65-35 for Canada. Shots 36-22 for Canada.

Bet on it.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I hope we don't get a disaster start in the first minutes of the game like we usually do against North-American teams.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
6-3 for Canada. Puck possession 65-35 for Canada. Shots 36-22 for Canada.

Bet on it.

A Finn, I guess? Counting the NHL players on each team, just like the USA and Boratkiztan today? It might not go like that, finally.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I hope we don't get a disaster start in the first minutes of the game like we usually do against North-American teams.

Yeah? Pretty much the only recent Canada game that I can recall is the Turin match (and how did that go?) - we haven't met actually so often lately, and I'm not that sure that they are much worse than any top 4 team in these tournaments.

JYP88*

How many of you Hfboard Canada fans, actually live in Canada? Why y even whatch this if you are here with your b-nationalteam?

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Go Finland! Team hockey always wins!

See you in the finals. First Hartwall then Globen next time.

Finland - Kanada 2-1 (Mikko + Kari + Team)

Davebo*

How many of you Hfboard Canada fans, actually live in Canada? Why y even whatch this if you are here with your b-nationalteam?

Because it's hockey. This in afternoon here, and then some NHL action in the evening.

Now that I've answered yours, answer mine. Why is Finland hosting this tournament with a management team that's messing everything up? :sarcasm:

Mara

May 10, 2011
Because it's hockey. This in afternoon here, and then some NHL action in the evening.

Now that I've answered yours, answer mine. Why is Finland hosting this tournament with a management team that's messing everything up? :sarcasm:

For the lulz of course, is there any other reason to do anything in life?

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Go Finland! Team hockey always wins!

Not always. We've had some very unfortunate final losses where Finland played the better team game but the game ended on a great shot. Sometimes quality finishing just beats better team effort.

Dany Heatley's shot from the blue line in one world championships, Olympic final in Torino...

**** does happen, especially to Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad