GDT: Group H • May 5 • Canada 4, United States 5 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I don't mean to argue with you Xokkeu because your point of view is valid especially at the moment. Your elite players are now coming from all over the place, California, Texas, Minnesota, New York etc. in other words non traditional hockey markets.

I know that those quoted statistics are bandied about all over the place but again I really don't know what they mean. Do they include, girls and boys, house league players, recreational players of all ages or competitive players? If you know what they mean then please tell me.

Certainly it's nice to see the slow trickle of players coming from new areas. It bodes well for the future. But I'm not exactly worried about Canada producing quality hockey players.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
the problem with canada for a while has been that they overrate their own and underrate their opponents. you pointed out the defense comment

this is not true in the slightest. The problem with Team Canada begins and ends with Kevin Lowe. This guy is the biggest ass-clown associated with Hockey Canada. Such a poor selection of a team, it is doomed on the big ice. Plodders, pylons and way too young players.

Let Lowe ruin the Oilers forever if he wants, he should not be near an international
Team for Canada. Great player but a big loser in management.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Well sure, but then China and Brazil should be hockey powers. The problem is that for now, our hockey playing populace is about the same as Canada. I believe the combined population of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New York and New New England is around 40-50 million.

I think you meant to say India, Brazil is a 1/3 the size of the States (population wise), tho they did produce Robyn Regehr, so they're off to a good start :D

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I think you meant to say India, Brazil is a 1/3 the size of the States (population wise), tho they did produce Robyn Regehr, so they're off to a good start :D

Heh (@Regehr) Didn't put a lot of thought into it. Brazil still have a 100 million people or so, which would be plenty enough people, except.... they don't really play hockey. But yeah, India is obviously bigger.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I think everything has been said. On to the next games for these two nations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad