GDT: Group B - May 9 - Finland vs Denmark

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
No upset tonight, Finland are too strong, but I do expect a good Danish showing, and a few goals, since 1 goal in the last two games is getting frustrating for the players, especially Nik Jensen, who has hit metal 4-5 times.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Määttä and Rask won't be joining the team. Rask is not a surprise, but Määttä would've been a needed reinforcement to our not-so stacked defense.
Damn. Our only hope now is probably Nashville (Tolvanen?!/Saros/Rinne). Laine won't come because he is tired and Armia has injuries. We'll see.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
So the story unfolds. Nobody is coming to reinforce Team Lionitis any more, and we are stuck with Pokka in the 1st pairing (!), Husso as the starter, Kaps in the Granny line . Hopefully they all can deliver a consistent, mistake depleted performance... Hold your breaths, friends.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
That's all the answer I need.

In the NHL buddy, with better allround teams facing them, not a WC where there are plenty teams way below NHL level.

You just always seem to pop up in threads with Denmark, even prospects back in the day with remarks to calm expectations and such.

Oh well, I doubt id ever get you to aknowledge it :)
No, the difference really is that small. Just look up some stats or something. We're talking about 2-3 percentage points here, tops. That's 1 goal per game at most.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Soo, 2-2? :sarcasm:
More like 4 goals to the Finns and after those have happened, then we can talk about the possible Danish ones.
Yes, badly written but it gets the message across.

Our 4th line should be the one they could challenge the most and we have a Finnish champion, a Jokerit KHL player and an SHL champion there. It's not going to be easy for the Danes. We can always expect games to be close but the rosters are time and time again just so onesided in talent that it's not even close.
Finland is either underperforming heavily/not interested in the game at all if this game is close.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
No, the difference really is that small. Just look up some stats or something. We're talking about 2-3 percentage points here, tops. That's 1 goal per game at most.
The difference between playing in the NHL and the WC is huge..

Dahm is an avg. Euro goalie at best, Andersen is an above avg. NHL starter.

Mayb if Dahm was a below to avg. regular NHL backup your point would be valid.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
More like 4 goals to the Finns and after those have happened, then we can talk about the possible Danish ones.
Yes, badly written but it gets the message across.

Our 4th line should be the one they could challenge the most and we have a Finnish champion, a Jokerit KHL player and an SHL champion there. It's not going to be easy for the Danes. We can always expect games to be close but the rosters are time and time again just so onesided in talent that it's not even close.
Finland is either underperforming heavily/not interested in the game at all if this game is close.
Are you expecting the Danes too be just as easy or worse than Latvia and Norway?

Sounds like it..

Now we know, if the game is tight, it surely wont be to the credit of the Danes, nice to know:sarcasm:

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It is always a pleasure to witness Roligans partying on the stands though. Except this time it is hockey and also time has passed and lots of water flowed in Danube emptying its sweet dreams and high hopes into the Black Sea of Oblivion since Elkjaer and Laudrup the Elder, Michael, an icon of Style ignited Danelands to rejoicing frenzy and fury. Thus the question goes: Is there any Spiritus Roliganus left in the Land of Bankes & Dunes? And even if there is - does that exquisite spirit apply to hockey games also, in any significant extent?

A long story told short: Will there be atmosphere and full house tonight, venerable Danes? Or just a few fiskare og farmare killing time and hiding from their furious hustruar who are mad like hell since their men are killing time in a frigging industrial barn made of aluminium alloys doing ingenting but hiding from their angry wives for some reason? Wait...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hulide

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
So the story unfolds. Nobody is coming to reinforce Team Lionitis any more, and we are stuck with Pokka in the 1st pairing (!), Husso as the starter, Kaps in the Granny line . Hopefully they all can deliver a consistent, mistake depleted performance... Hold your breaths, friends.
It's painful to have Pokka in the 1st line, I never liked him. We sure need Rinne to join the team, would takes some pressure off of the mediocre defense.

Reactions: Loffer

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
I thought you were German:huh::laugh:

We have brainwashed him...it will get you all soon enough

I enjoy pessimism in general and im very nervous about today..but hoping for miracles is not completely crazy.

In 2010, denmark faced Finland with Andersen in net. Cant remember the exact shot count but finland had about 45 shots or something similar and denmark had less than 20...result: 4-1 Denmark.

Oh and finland had Rinne in goal that day

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Hoping for a hell of a game. Of course on the other hand I want Team Finland to continue the walkover victories (and Aho to get as many points as possible while doing so :P), but on the other hand I'd love it to be tight and have the crowd being as loud as possible. Especially yesterday's Norway game was pretty anemic, it seemed like there were maybe max. 30 people watching the game?

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Hoping for a hell of a game. Of course on the other hand I want Team Finland to continue the walkover victories (and Aho to get as many points as possible while doing so :P), but on the other hand I'd love it to be tight and have the crowd being as loud as possible. Especially yesterday's Norway game was pretty anemic, it seemed like there were maybe max. 30 people watching the game?

And even those 30 people had apparently got free tickets from the Danish Support Society for Domestic Is Hokej Activities :O

And you can always hope one hope merging the two separate and contradictory ones without disturbing cognitive and emotional conflicts: If the game ends, say, 9-7, Aho getting, say again, 3+2 - well, that is not exactly a walkover but lots of points to Norra Carolina Favourite and a pretty tight and one helluva game.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
At least the Finnish fans were incredibly loud. :D

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
It is always a pleasure to witness Roligans partying on the stands though. Except this time it is hockey and also time has passed and lots of water flowed in Danube emptying its sweet dreams and high hopes into the Black Sea of Oblivion since Elkjaer and Laudrup the Elder, Michael, an icon of Style ignited Danelands to rejoicing frenzy and fury. Thus the question goes: Is there any Spiritus Roliganus left in the Land of Bankes & Dunes? And even if there is - does that exquisite spirit apply to hockey games also, in any significant extent?

A long story told short: Will there be atmosphere and full house tonight, venerable Danes? Or just a few fiskare og farmare killing time and hiding from their furious hustruar who are mad like hell since their men are killing time in a frigging industrial barn made of aluminium alloys doing ingenting but hiding from their angry wives for some reason? Wait...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Are you expecting the Danes too be just as easy or worse than Latvia and Norway?

Sounds like it..

Now we know, if the game is tight, it surely won't be to the credit of the Danes, nice to know:sarcasm:
Well. The material difference is there. There are rarely games where a superior team plays their best and the opposition which is 1-3 leagues lower in skill level makes the game close by their own regard. Seriously. Think how weird that sounds as a concept. Now it's a completely different discussion if the argument is that do lesser teams compete with better teams?

Then the answer is yes. It does happen. But not a lot of time is it to the credit of the lesser team since you know, they most likely did not control the puck or were the more active side in the play. The lesser team always defends like crazy because defending is a hell of a lot easier than being on the attack when your team is slower. I would know, I've watched a lot of games where Finns were the lesser team and played exactly like I described. And it was all due to being less skilled and less talented.

And it's not like I'm reaching when I'm expecting 4 or more goals for the Finns. Not really seeing why you must be so against a concept of talent difference.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad