GDT: Group B - May 6 - Latvia vs Finland

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
No line changes for Team Latvia. Balcers still on the 3rd line for some reason.

Gudlevskis is a crappy goalie, but I guess we're resting Merzlikins tonight. Fair enough.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Gudlevskis is a crappy goalie, but I guess we're resting Merzlikins tonight. Fair enough.

Goddamnit. Maybe Finland will force Hartleys hand to change the lines up. He seems to be very stubborn coach.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
This is going to be several notches tougher challenge for Finland. I don't expect this to be a full blowout game. I don't know what kind of physical aspect Latvia brings to the table, but that certainly could help their endeavor against Finland.

Reactions: Se829ne

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland

Kristers Gudlevskis is a legend, don't you f***ing tell me otherwise you heretic

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
This is going to be several notches tougher challenge for Finland. I don't expect this to be a full blowout game. I don't know what kind of physical aspect Latvia brings to the table, but that certainly could help their endeavor against Finland.
I expect a lot of breakouts for you guys, we have several young defencemen, who love to cough up pucks.

Reactions: Jugitsu

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Look at his AHL numbers. The guy's not even mediocre. He's a sub .900 goalie.
You should get a sarcasm detector, but I do actually like him and it's a mini-nostalgy feeling. I know that he's not all that impressive but he's the most notable player in the roster to me since he's been around for a while. He used to make lots of gamesavers in earlier tournaments and the name stuck in many Finns minds who watched other games than just the Finland games.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

That's somewhat what I think too.

There was little bit too positive news and interview statements about how good Finland played their first match... against Korea. Should be clear game for Finns, but old ghost of mental ill-preparedness rises it's ugly head in my mind. Korea game's experience doesn't help in that mental side, neither young, relatively inexperienced roster.

4-2 or 4-3 for Finland.

Reactions: Jugitsu

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Finnish experts in the official studio just said it's 50-50 regarding offense between these two teams. Interesting. They are not real experts though, just to clarify. Just some entertaining characters (according to some).

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Finnish experts in the official studio just said it's 50-50 regarding offense between these two teams. Interesting. They are not real experts though, just to clarify. Just some entertaining characters (according to some).

Yeah..about that...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad