96 Mikko Rantanen - 64 Mikael Granlund - 24 Kasperi Kapanen
19 Veli-Matti Savinainen - 20 Sebastian Aho - 86 Teuvo Teräväinen
65 Sakari Manninen - 74 Antti Suomela - 25 Pekka Jormakka
82 Saku Mäenalanen - 22 Janne Pesonen - 12 Marko Anttila

Last edited:

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
We beat Finland the last time we faced them at the World Champs in 2014. In 2013, the game went to OT.

It's going to be a close game.

Reactions: Bobby G

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
We beat Finland the last time we faced them at the World Champs in 2014. In 2013, the game went to OT.

It's going to be a close game.
Those two teams look worse than this. So I hope not.

2014 we had Rinne and not much else (Lehterä, Komarov, Haula)
2013 we had Mikael Granlund (Korpikoski, Kontiola)

Now we have Granlund, Aho, Teräväinen, Kapanen, Rantanen.. who all had their best season so far in the NHL (maybe not Granlund but he was close too). This shouldn't be a close game.

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Practice games between Latvia and Finland played at Latvia's home soil 2-3 weeks ago went 0-3 and 0-5 for Finland and Finland has gone forward a lot since then roster wise. That is pretty bad news for Latvia, so I predict a rough night for Latvia. 5-2 or 4-1 for Finland is my guess.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
As long as Marjamäki does not try to spread the talent, but keeps this "two scoring lines" thing going, everything will go good. I predict 6-1 win, but this is not Korea, this might get hard, but I just got the good feeling this year.

Does last nights hawaji hockey -mode stick on? If yes, then Latvians can do anything, including win the game. This is much harder game and you cant have too tough surf approach to it.

Last edited:

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
Practice games between Latvia and Finland played at Latvia's home soil 2-3 weeks ago went 0-3 and 0-5 for Finland and Finland has gone forward a lot since then roster wise. That is pretty bad news for Latvia, so I predict a rough night for Latvia. 5-2 or 4-1 for Finland is my guess.

while in those practice games Latvia also didn't had their best team, I would agree on "rough night for Latvia" part, as first half against Norway for Latvia was pretty bad and not because of scoreline, but rather quality of play. Latvia created more chances for Norway than Norway themselves and I do not see Finland being as forgiving if things go in similar fashion.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
FIN lineup confirmed unchanged from previous game, except Husso starts in net.

And, oh, Mäenalanen's number is #18, not #82. Now also corrected in the roster on the official tournament website.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
5-2 Finland, Balcers with a goal.

Balcers, I learned that name yesterday on OT. Wow. Nice to see elite individual performances and skill showcases popping up in generally unknown places and names on jerseys carrying proudly logos of ”lesser” hockey nations outside the top 6. Hockey is more and bigger than that. Also, in every loss there are moments of triumphant wins, no matter how small. Enjoy the game, respect the score (and the game and the opponent) and carry on: Next time!

Last edited:

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Shouldn't be a close one but Latvia almost always puts up a good effort against us. 3-1 Finland is my prediction.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
while in those practice games Latvia also didn't had their best team, I would agree on "rough night for Latvia" part, as first half against Norway for Latvia was pretty bad and not because of scoreline, but rather quality of play. Latvia created more chances for Norway than Norway themselves and I do not see Finland being as forgiving if things go in similar fashion.

I did assume Latvia had got better since as well.

I just think that Finland is nastier than usually against the mid level countries this year around. The team is just built that way, offense in mind. It may backfire vs USA or Canada (or vs SWE in playoffs) though. We'll see.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
below average Latvia and above average Finland, I'd say 5-1 for Fins seems very fitting.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
The score of this game depends on whether we get GODlevskis or BADlevskis in net. Dude can let in some softies but at the same time steal gamea, never know with this dude

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Unless Finland wins by at least 5 goals, I'll panic and say that we will not even make it to the playoffs.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
My bets are set. Latvia 0,1 - Finland 6,7,8,9,10 . 30€. Also put a bit more on the game ending 1-6 for Finland.

Reactions: Loffer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad