GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Czech Republic 0, Finland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
It'd be about time for Granlund to start playing at his level. For some reason I doubt he will, the WJC's seems to be poison for him.

Maybe he just isn't that good? :sarcasm:

Anyways, Czechs should suit him just perfectly. He was awesome against them at EHT, so whatabout a bunch of kids...

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Granlund's line is not much worse than it was on Euro Hockey tour.

Pulkkinen>Pesonen
MaG<<Immonen

Maybe so, but Immonen's superiority over Markus Granlund is far greater than what Pulkkinen has over Pesonen. If he even is any better yet (or ever). Not to forget that great chemistry between Immonen and MiG which clearly is lacking with Pulkkinen and older Granlund so far.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
After watching the Czechs take out the US yesterday live, they're definitely my adopted underdog.

GO CZECHS!!

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Aittokallio officially as starter announced, otherwise same lineup. That means with Mäkinen, Riikola and Ruuttu who left the game at some point vs Denmark.

ToBBa

Mar 5, 2011
Finland
Nah, easy game for Finland. Czechs are too slow. It means Granlund has more time and he can win this game by himself. 1+2 for him. Pulkkinen scores from those assists. Salomäki also scores again.

4-0

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Would like to see Barkov produce now, he has been great for us defensively. Great forechecker, more pucks should be played through him.

Tissotti

Apr 30, 2011
Helsinki
I feel like we are not going for this game as a favorite, not to say that Czechs are either. Czechs in my opinion have been better in the tournament.
Though i do feel like we have have more potential, it's another story if that hidden potential helps you on anything. :D

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Nah, easy game for Finland. Czechs are too slow. It means Granlund has more time and he can win this game by himself. 1+2 for him. Pulkkinen scores from those assists. Salomäki also scores again.

4-0
Did you see the USA - Cze game? This will not be an easy game for us, theyre much better than USA.

RebelMe

Dec 26, 2008
Czech journalist Pavel Barta on Twitter (@bartic63):
David Musil won´t play in Czech defense in todays game with Finland at WJC, forward Jakub Culek questionable.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Did you see the USA - Cze game? This will not be an easy game for us, theyre much better than USA.

Thats a bit too much, I don't even know if they were better in that game at all, Czech goalie stood on his head.

Jere26

Jul 12, 2011
Even though most predictions from Finnish people seem to be sarcastic/ of anti-jynxing purpose, it's funny to see how moody the 'real' ones are. The difference between before & after the USA match is light and day. Time for an upset I suppose.

Finnish Flash 76

Dec 28, 2011
Going to be a very interesting game, no idea who is the favourite. Both have very hot goalie and both beat USA quite clearly. It´s going to be intense on the ice, both teams want to win to avoid Sweden or Russia at the quarterfinals. The game might be a bit careful at the beginning so i hope our boys score the first one, that goal will be important. Pulu better continue shooting those goals, we need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad