GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Czech Republic 0, Finland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It doesn't look like the Czechs are gonna pull this one out. Oh well, I think they could do well against Sweden or Russia.

I actually don't have anything against the Finns, but I have a soft spot for the czechs.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
It doesn't look like the Czechs are gonna pull this one out. Oh well, I think they could do well against Sweden or Russia.

I actually don't have anything against the Finns, but I have a soft spot for the czechs.

They probably don't want to make the QF look too easy for them. That's why they trying to get RUS/SWE ;)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Seems like Czech players play in some hook n ride league because they seem not to understand that when you hook these days its penalty even if the opponent doesnt fall, and its been our luck because we played really sloppy in 2nd mainly.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
The Czech were very unlucky in the 2nd period. 3-0 goal for Finland was a fluke and Aittokallio was a beast in our goal. It's still not over. If the Czech's can produce this much scoring chances they can easily score 4 in a period.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Hockey is a momentum game.

Czechs have to realize if they dont score, Finland will score. That's exactly what happened.

And also

Four passes break any defence.

If the passes are good enough.

BeenThereDoneThat

Jan 12, 2011
Prague
Seems like Czech players play in some hook n ride league because they seem not to understand that when you hook these days its penalty even if the opponent doesnt fall, and its been our luck because we played really sloppy in 2nd mainly.

That is mainly the problem if the players playing in the czech leagues, where the ruling on these plays with the stick is not so strict, from that result the penalties... and the bottom line is, you can't win with so much time spent shorthanded.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Can someone tell me why Antero Mertaranta isn't commentating any of Finland's games? Not that it matters to me much, but just bit surprised about that. I like the commentator for Fin-Cze game, but I can hear Saukkonen has commentated the USA game. Is Saukkonen the #1 commentator for U-20? (I hope not.)

RKC

Aug 7, 2011
The Czech were very unlucky in the 2nd period. 3-0 goal for Finland was a fluke and Aittokallio was a beast in our goal. It's still not over. If the Czech's can produce this much scoring chances they can easily score 4 in a period.

No way with Aittokallio between the pipes. Finland should take this game easily unless they completely fall apart in the last period.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Can someone tell me why Antero Mertaranta isn't commentating any of Finland's games? Not that it matters to me much, but just bit surprised about that. I like the commentator for Fin-Cze game, but I can hear Saukkonen has commentated the USA game. Is Saukkonen the #1 commentator for U-20? (I hope not.)

Who's the Finnish commentator in this game?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Oh my, this is frustrating.

I feel your pain. This is what usually happens to Finland's men's team (often in finals against Czechs or Sweden). So Finland would get all the shots and pressure and other team gets another goal anyway.

PJM

Feb 18, 2006
This, Ilves should loan him to somewhere so that he can play for ****s sakes.

Well, it's not like he hadn't got some Mestis games with LeKi. He's too important to be loaned long-term anywhere else with Toskala more or less injured indefinetely. To be honest, as an Ilves supporter I'd like to see them trade a goalie, but Toskala's injuries don't really help there.

Leizi

Jan 13, 2011
Finland
That is mainly the problem if the players playing in the czech leagues, where the ruling on these plays with the stick is not so strict, from that result the penalties... and the bottom line is, you can't win with so much time spent shorthanded.

I'm not 100% on this but the TSN announcers said that there are a lot of czech players in the north american junior leagues, they'd have to know what the rule is and how they're called in these games? :dunno:

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Taivanainen is much better than Saukkonen imo. hopefully he will commentate medal round games,

BeenThereDoneThat

Jan 12, 2011
Prague
I'm not 100% on this but the TSN announcers said that there are a lot of czech players in the north american junior leagues, they'd have to know what the rule is and how they're called in these games? :dunno:

I won't tell you the exact numbers, but there are some players from the czech leagues as well and I think that those were the most penalized ones.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
A bit surprised the first line's playing so long shifts considering Pulkkinen said after the Denmark game that they have to play shorter shifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad