GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Czech Republic 0, Finland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finns maybe individually or on paper have more talent than czechs. but czechs play well as a team and when they werent in the box they created some great chances. better than what the finns created. aittakallio played well for sure. big reason why they won

One has to take into account that Finns got really sloppy after the first period, they started thinking they were halfway there and focus wasn't at 100% all the time.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
One has to take into account that Finns got really sloppy after the first period, they started thinking they were halfway there and focus wasn't at 100% all the time.

What really takes into account is who wins.. Ofcourse Czech could've have better chance if they didint take penalties but so would we if we would've played the game even better. I have "lost" with "my" team including finnish national team so many different times and ways that I know how to lose and how to win. Hockey's all about capitalizing your chances and playing best team defence and stop them barying it when they have momentum as someone said.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
I have "lost" with "my" team including finnish national team so many different times and ways that I know how to lose and how to win. Hockey's all about capitalizing your chances and playing best team defence and stop them barying it when they have momentum as someone said.

Yep, I have seen so many games where Finland was supposedly the "better" team with the only problem that it was actually outscored. You don't get style points in this sport: if you score less than your opponent, you deserve to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad