GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 3, United States 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I think that your team has a lot of individuals who are very skilled in several different areas, but they didnt' seem to gel as a team. They didn't work together. No offense, but your team looked terrible. Don't worry, this will be a learning curve and they'll come back strong for the next 5-10 years or so.

No offense taken. I am Canadian.

:)

desdemona

May 25, 2008
I have to disagree. In 2004, the U.S. won the WJR's and then went thru the exact same thing. For the next 5 years they only won 1 Bronze.

Then the U.S. won in 2010. The next year Bronze. This year... 7th?

Winning puts a target on your back.

Oh... so you lost because, no I still don't get it. Why didn't Russia lose any games until Sweden? They are, after all, last year's gold medallists. Shouldn't they have more 'targets on their back'. Since 1998, when Canada didn't earn a medal at all, they've got 5 gold, 6 silver and 2 bronze medals, but somehow they went unbeaten in the first round.

Come on man, your team just wasn't good this year. And if they are 'targeted', it's their job as a team to overcome that. If they worked as a team, they might have overcome this invisible target that you speak of.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Oh... so you lost because, no I still don't get it. Why didn't Russia lose any games until Sweden? They are, after all, last year's gold medallists. Shouldn't they have more 'targets on their back'. Since 1998, when Canada didn't earn a medal at all, they've got 5 gold, 6 silver and 2 bronze medals, but somehow they went unbeaten in the first round.

Come on man, your team just wasn't good this year. And if they are 'targeted', it's their job as a team to overcome that. If they worked as a team, they might have overcome this invisible target that you speak of.

Again... I am Canadian.

If you do not feel my post is accurate, YouTube what Wayne Gretzky said during the 2002 Olympics after the win against the Czechs.

Just because you have a target on your back does not mean you will lose automatically. All it means is teams will try harder to beat you and winning becomes more difficult.

If anything it makes our 5 year run from 2005 to 2009 even more impressive.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
lot pitts fans booed crosby when he came back from the olympics

desdemona

May 25, 2008
Again... I am Canadian.

If you do not feel my post is accurate, YouTube what Wayne Gretzky said during the 2002 Olympics after the win against the Czechs.

Having said that, just because you have a target on your back does not mean you will lose automatically. All it means is teams will try harder to beat you and winning becomes more difficult.

If anything it makes our 5 year run from 2005 to 2009 even more impressive.

Read that you were Canadian after last post, but I still disagree with you and don't feel like youtube thanks. But I do agree that it'll mean that the US will try harder.

Right now I'm more worried about Canada/Russia game (assuming that they beat the Czechs). I don't know if we can hold them down - have we been challenged enough so far in this tournament? But that's another thread....

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I don't get why so may Americans are getting pissy about their team being booed.

A few years ago I was at the little league world series and in the final game some American fans booed the other team and chanted USA USA.

And that's against 13 year old kids!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Read that you were Canadian after last post, but I still disagree with you and don't feel like youtube thanks. But I do agree that it'll mean that the US will try harder....

No problem. Anyone with such a great Avatar can't be all bad.

:)

Right now I'm more worried about Canada/Russia game (assuming that they beat the Czechs). I don't know if we can hold them down - have we been challenged enough so far in this tournament? But that's another thread....

I think we will be fine - if we play Russia.

I think Russia will lose to the Czechs. The Czechs hate the Russians (or so I have heard), have a goalie that loves the spotlight and can steal a game and the Russians will find it difficult after NYE.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Because no one down here really gives Canada a thought. Think anyone in the U.S. cares what Canada does in soccer, baseball, basketball, football, etc. ? Think anyone down here cares that some offensive lineman at Nebraska or point guard in the NBA is from Ontario? No one. Canada caring this much about everything below their border and who is Canadian and who is not, is so telling.
During national NFL broadcasts Chris Collinsworth nor Al Michaels ramble on about the nationalities of the NFL players. Same can't be said about HNIC.
Canada, Seriously, no one cares

No, but when Americans broadcast NHL games they tell the viewers who the American players are. Listen to NBC once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad