GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • United States 2, Czech Republic 5 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FanHabtic*

The US were an extremely heavy favourite and Mrzak stood on his head.

They were favored to beat the Czechs, but after the Finland game i thought the Czechs were favored in this one. The win shouldn't have been shocking nor should it have elicited the reaction that it did from the Czechs.

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
USA deserves everything they have gotten,

remember when they beat Canada (Canada had won 5 golds straight)?
"Oh Momma don't you cry, USA hockey is do or die......" That moment changed everything.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
People need to understand this is different mentality. If I didn't read it here, I would never thing there is something wrong about crazy celebrations. People in Europe don't think like this. It doesn't even come to mind. You celebrate and you don't care about your opponents feelings during that time.

That's a fair statement. I truly do appreciate the explanation, because rather than just going back and forth with hateful comments, it is good to get an explanation for what might be a simple case of cultural differences.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Czech's deserve a lot of credit. They were the better team, USA might have piled up shots, but they didn't convert those chances in a large part do to Mrazek. Excited as a Wings fan to see him play that well and the fire he brings. Find it pretty laughable the way Canada supports the behavior now but hated the guy when he did a couple days ago.

Team USA deserves to be second guessed for some of the guys the left home. Blais got leeway, but the politics of who went and who didn't should haunt those that made the selections moving forward. Also would be nice to see him actually attempt to juggle the lines, not too much to ask out of a coach when the offense is sputtering.

Kaktus*

Can I hear some more about USA hockey system. Refs gave them 7-9PP and a penalty shot. Did not help. :( So sad.

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
Czechs were just happy, they advance to the medal round. They weren't expecting to so of course they are thrilled. Get over the butthurt.

SChan*

it's only classless when a swede celebrate a goal. I thought the czechs were 10x worse in this aspect.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
it's only classless when a swede celebrate a goal. I thought the czechs were 10x worse in this aspect.

They just beat one of the best teams in the world, they deserve to be able to celebrate a bit crazily, no?

Muh

Beadle
Dec 9, 2010
Sloatsburg, NY
I have no problem with the goalie and Czech celebration, was a big win for them that most likely puts them into the next round. Nothing wrong with a bunch of teenagers being pumped up.

And who cares about the crowd. Canadian fans don't root for USA, so be it. They can root for anyone they like.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Czech's deserve a lot of credit. They were the better team, USA might have piled up shots, but they didn't convert those chances in a large part do to Mrazek. Excited as a Wings fan to see him play that well and the fire he brings. Find it pretty laughable the way Canada supports the behavior now but hated the guy when he did a couple days ago.

Team USA deserves to be second guessed for some of the guys the left home. Blais got leeway, but the politics of who went and who didn't should haunt those that made the selections moving forward. Also would be nice to see him actually attempt to juggle the lines, not too much to ask out of a coach when the offense is sputtering.

the yanks looked small then i heard David 'blais' Letterman picked 6 guys under 6 feet at forward. is that correct? that's not a team designed to score dirty goals in high traffic areas - or win lots of puck battles

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Hot game tomorrow between Canada and USA. USA is pretty mad i guess. But the game won't mean anything.

i honestly don't know how the yanks get up for that game tomorrow - esp. if they're eliminated tonight
it could be a very chippy game

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Hot game tomorrow between Canada and USA. USA is pretty mad i guess. But the game won't mean anything.

That game will be a blow out. The US has nothing to play for, they stopped skating in this game, when something was actually on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad