GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • United States 2, Czech Republic 5 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Don't forget beautiful Moose Jaw.

Have you ever been there? It is actually a pretty nice city. Just sayin'.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
great game. the turning points were the US PP and that PS in the 3rd that Mrazek stopped. Congrats to the Czechs, but c'mon the celebrations were way over the top. this isn't European footie - and before i get jumped on by fellow Canadians, you know you would've been pissed if it was done against us. i get it, big upset, they were happy.

as for the US, i'm kind of shocked but they didn't gel quick enough and i think the game vs. the Finns began to sow the seeds of doubt. still a great program with a great 2 year run. They will be back

FanHabtic*

Honestly i don't understand the celebration by the Czech players and Mrazek. Beating the Americans is no great feat. Its not like Miracle on Ice. The US team was just not that good at all in this tournament. An average team at best.

DIrwin

Sep 25, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
I'll admit I just trolled the first thread for laughs, but honestly what is with all of the American fans.... don't for one minute think that all of you came onto our thread last year and trolled us. It's sports it is to be expected both sides would troll the other in these circumstances. Especially Canada and USA, I can't even say I'm Canadian south of the border without being met with ignorance and laughs. So as far as I'm concerned it's fair game? Is this really unreasonable thinking? Just an honest opinion !

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Honestly i don't understand the celebration by the Czech players and Mrazek. Beating the American is no great feat. Its not like Miracle on Ice. The US team was just not that good at all in this tournament. An average team at best.

I also thought it was overboard. I think emotions just shot through the roof in that building, and in retrospect, I think everyone involved will agree it was a little over-the-top. It wasn't that big a win for the Czechs (gold medal game, anyone?), and the Canadian fans didn't need to trash the American kids like that either.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I found the Czech celebrations embarrassing and disrespectful to their opponents. However they are just kids and most likely didn't mean anything against the US by it, just really happy to be advancing.

Jan 28, 2011
Honestly i don't understand the celebration by the Czech players and Mrazek. Beating the Americans is no great feat. Its not like Miracle on Ice. The US team was just not that good at all in this tournament. An average team at best.

The US were an extremely heavy favourite and Mrzak stood on his head.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I'll admit I just trolled the first thread for laughs, but honestly what is with all of the American fans.... don't for one minute think that all of you came onto our thread last year and trolled us. It's sports it is to be expected both sides would troll the other in these circumstances. Especially Canada and USA, I can't even say I'm Canadian south of the border without being met with ignorance and laughs. So as far as I'm concerned it's fair game? Is this really unreasonable thinking? Just an honest opinion !

Pretty fair. No need to make it personal on either side, it's just hockey.

Someone trashed Moose Jaw for godssake. Poor Moose Jaw. I love Moose Jaw. Great little city. Very clean, no crime to speak of, nice community.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
great game. the turning points were the US PP and that PS in the 3rd that Mrazek stopped. Congrats to the Czechs, but c'mon the celebrations were way over the top. this isn't European footie - and before i get jumped on by fellow Canadians, you know you would've been pissed if it was done against us. i get it, big upset, they were happy.

as for the US, i'm kind of shocked but they didn't gel quick enough and i think the game vs. the Finns began to sow the seeds of doubt. still a great program with a great 2 year run. They will be back

People need to understand this is different mentality. If I didn't read it here, I would never thing there is something wrong about crazy celebrations. People in Europe don't think like this. It doesn't even come to mind. You celebrate and you don't care about your opponents feelings during that time.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
I also thought it was overboard. I think emotions just shot through the roof in that building, and in retrospect, I think everyone involved will agree it was a little over-the-top. It wasn't that big a win for the Czechs (gold medal game, anyone?), and the Canadian fans didn't need to trash the American kids like that either.

I don't think its over the top, in fact I think it's great. Very refreshing to see genuine emotion and joy. If everyone was like Toews and Crosby I would die of boredom.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
The US were an extremely heavy favourite and Mrzak stood on his head.

true but the 'swim' after the goal, Mrazek jumping on piles, saluting the fans (during the game lol)...that could just have as easily been unsportsmanlike conduct and delay of game penalties

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
y2kCanuck... from the previous thread, in regards to the score tomorrow night... I can't see Canada winning by less than 4 goals. This US team just can't finish and the goalies aren't very special - at least in this tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad