GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • United States 2, Czech Republic 5 (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Not sure why Americans are so upset over Canadians cheering for the Czechs. It's nothing personal, it just works in Canada's best interest for the tournament.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did you really write that with a straight face? Its nothing BUT PERSONAL.

And that's fine, I'm American and I HATE team canada and if I was at a game I would be cheering as loud as I could for whoever they were playing.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Lol last year it was the Canadian media that was pimping up the US as the favourites!

Every year I hear the American posters bragging about their team being better that Canada. Every year, minus 2010, they are average.

FanHabtic*

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did you really write that with a straight face? Its nothing BUT PERSONAL.

And that's fine, I'm American and I HATE team canada and if I was at a game I would be cheering as loud as I could for whoever they were playing.

Not sure why everyone is so butthurt over the pro-Czech crowd. Who cares. The crowd doesn't dictate the game. The teams on the ice do. (and sometimes the ref).

CCF

This is the year....
Feb 8, 2003
Across Canada
This is not a new script. It has happened before and it will happen again. To the US and Canada.

All my fellow Canucks gloating right now...take a deep breath and remember karma...she's a female dog.

I agree. Perhaps only people from Saskatchewan are sensible. ;)

Fellow Canadians might want to mind their tongue - still plenty of tournament left to go. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Crowds are always going to be pro-Canadian and pro-underdog team.

If the Czechs had been playing Sweden or Russia, the crowd would have been just as loud.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

And....

As long as the Fins win tonight, I HONESTLY don't care if Canada loses tomorrow night.

:)

I will sit and watch the game with not a care in the world.

FanHabtic*

Canadian media always tries to find a way to make Canada the underdog.

They try to create some drama for the games. Its typical. To me the only nemesis is Russia. Its always been Canada/Russia as the greatest rivalry in hockey. Still is IMO (despite the good fortunes of the Americans in the recent Olympics).

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Every year I hear the American posters bragging about their team being better that Canada. Every year, minus 2010, they are average.

I know, we hear it every year, but I actually hear it from the Canadian media as much as from any Americans. I think the goal is to make the Canada/US game the centerpiece of the tournament.

You could hear it in Ferraro's comments after the game (TSN begging people to still watch the now-meaningless New Year's Eve game)...

"It might not mean anything, but it will still be a terrific game nobody will want to miss!"

Don't worry, Ray, we aren't going anywhere.

The uS team just couldn't get it together. They had the team on paper, it just didn't work. That happens sometimes in a short tourney.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think the Czechs celebration was warranted, they got utterly dominated in the third and they pulled off quite the victory. Sure they went overboard, but they're kids, let them have their fun.

The crowd on the other hand was despicable.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Closed for a cooldown.

Once it;s opened again, there will be no benefit of the doubt. Any post that violates the site rules will be warned/infracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad