GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • Finland 10, Denmark 1

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
and if Finland place third we are probably ****ed... (because we face Sweden or Russia in the QF)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Switzerland? Haven't been paying attention to the other group.

Cant be that happy if its the siwss. Sweden had hard time with em, they got great goaltending and it must be pretty tough team to go to shootout with em

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
not sure why all fins are so excited for them to pad some easy points against the worst team in the tournament. And they got them when denmark stopped playing in the 3rd.

Because that was the whole point of this game? Getting our first line clicking and scoring, especially Pulkkinen who couldn't buy a goal earlier. It's important that they got some personal success here, with any luck it will carry on to the Czech game.

I would love to. But making it a point to have the refs review it (when they had to anyways) is not proper sportsmanship.

What's the problem, really? The guys didn't even celebrate the goals, unlike Canada when they thrashed the Finns. So he wanted to know if he got a fifth goal, so what? He was just asking a question, not arranging a sit-in protest until they check it.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Would anything make us win the group? We corrected the goal difference for so far now.

Finnish Flash 76

Dec 28, 2011
Good to see our first line making some points, good for their confidence. Pulu´s " fifth goal " was ridiculous but also awesome. Going to be an awesome game against Czechs this evening!

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Pulkkinen redeemed himself nicely tonight. With better luck he would have scored couple more, easily. And now it's time for the Granlund Bros to start scoring. And when they do, we're solid.

Still something bothers me about Armia, he just needs to be more dynamic out there. And he really needs to shoot more when he's 4-5m away from the net. His wrister is much better than Pulkkinen's, but Armia tries to dangle or make one extra pass.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Cant be that happy if its the siwss. Sweden had hard time with em, they got great goaltending and it must be pretty tough team to go to shootout with em

You'd be more happy with Sweden or Russia than the Swiss? Then Finland can pull off a "Sweden" and lose on purpose to czechs to face either one!

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Would anything make us win the group? We corrected the goal difference for so far now.

No. In the event of Canada losing to USA and Finland winning the czechs Canada will win because the tie braker is the game between CAN-FIN which was already played and lost, can't remember the final score though. :naughty:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

no, goal differential doesn't come into play in a 2 way tie, which is the best you can do if canada loses, and you win tomorrow. We'd have you on the head to head match

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Denmark can win 1-0 or Finland can win 10-1. It's all about how good motivation Finland has and how much Finland underestimates the danes. I hope Finland does not think about the Czech game too much.

The Stamp will propably score at least one and pass a few. Armia, Pulkkinen, Salomäki will all get points, that's my bet.

Nice betting by El Hefe

tikkanen5rings*

Hey everyone,

Here's the full story on the suspension of the Danish players. It was the coach's decision. Managed to track down Jonas Sass during the game and get his thoughts as well.

LINK: http://www.edmontonjournal.com/spor...nded+mock+press+conference/5930432/story.html

My favourite quotes:
“We’re here to play hockey and represent Denmark. Danish hockey has come a long way,â€

“Were not here to be laughed at,†Larsen said, just before Finland thumped Denmark 10-1 on Friday evening.

Then there is this:

Brian Sass-Jensen, Jonas’s father, sat among the other Danish players’ families in the stands with his hands pressed together on Friday, quietly studying the Danish team on the ice that was playing without his son.

“I’d prefer not to comment and the reason I say this is because (Denmark) is still in the tournament,†he said. “But I will say this: I know (Jonas) is sorry. I know he didn’t know the cameras were running. I know he wishes he hadn’t done it.â€

My thoughts: The Danish coach is a nazi who should burn in hell.

Thank you.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
My favourite quotes:
“We’re here to play hockey and represent Denmark. Danish hockey has come a long way,â€

“Were not here to be laughed at,†Larsen said, just before Finland thumped Denmark 10-1 on Friday evening.

Then there is this:

Brian Sass-Jensen, Jonas’s father, sat among the other Danish players’ families in the stands with his hands pressed together on Friday, quietly studying the Danish team on the ice that was playing without his son.

“I’d prefer not to comment and the reason I say this is because (Denmark) is still in the tournament,†he said. “But I will say this: I know (Jonas) is sorry. I know he didn’t know the cameras were running. I know he wishes he hadn’t done it.â€

My thoughts: The Danish coach is a nazi who should burn in hell.

Thank you.

what did he do?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
The danish coaching and management is now officially the laughingstock of this tournament. Jesus what a clown.

And it is not sportmanship not to dress best possible team either. What a moron. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad