GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • Finland 10, Denmark 1

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2012 IIHF U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP B
DECEMBER 30, 2011
6:00 PM MT • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET (DEC. 31) • 03:00 EET (DEC. 31)

flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

Rexall_Place.jpg

REXALL PLACE, EDMONTON
(CAPACITY: 16,839)

Finland
Unconfirmed lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
11 Markus Granlund​
|
20 Mikael Granlund (C)
|
6 Teemu Pulkkinen​
|
27 Joonas Donskoi (A)
|
22 Miikka Salomäki​
|
10 Joel Armia​
|-
15 Miro Aaltonen​
|
16 Aleksander Barkov​
|
9 Alexander Ruuttu​
|-
13 Markus Hännikäinen​
|
29 Otto Paajanen​
|
28 Mikael Kuronen​
|-
-​
|
14 Roope Hämäläinen​
|
-​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
4 Konsta Mäkinen​
|
7 Jani Hakanpää (A)
|-
8 Miro Hovinen​
|
12 Ville Pokka​
|-
5 Rasmus Ristolainen​
|
3 Simo-Pekka Riikola​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
30 Sami Aittokallio​
|
31 Christopher Gibson​
|-

Scratches | Reason
G 1 Richard Ullberg|
Healthy​
|-
D 2 Olli Määttä|
Injury​
|-

Denmark
Unconfirmed lineup.
Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
8 Thomas Spelling​
|
28 Anders Schultz​
|
17 Nicklas Jensen (A)
|-
15 Nicolai Meyer​
|
11 Patrick Bjorkstrand​
|
13 Mathias Bau Hansen​
|-
19 Mads Eller​
|
18 Thomas Søndergaard​
|
12 Oliver Bjorkstrand​
|-
26 Nicki Kisum​
|
22 Joachim Linnet​
|
25 Rasmus Bjerrum​
|-
-​
|
14 Jonas Sass​
|
-​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
4 Patrick Madsen​
|
9 Emil L. Kristensen​
|-
3 Jannick Christensen (C)
|
5 Tobias Hansen​
|-
27 Anders Thode​
|
21 Mark M. Larsen (A)
|-
6 Martin Rahbek​
|
-​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
30 Sebastian Feuk​
|
1 Dennis Jensen​
|
-​

Scratches | Reason
G 31 Christian Larsen|
Healthy​
|-

Officials
- | -
wru.gif
|Slava Bulanov
wse.gif
|Mikael Nord
wch.gif
|Nicolas Fluri
wsk.gif
|Milan Novák

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
MiGranlund scores 4 goals by passing :nod:

i hope the lineups get switched around this time, i want someone bigger and more physical on the first line

Finnish Flash 76

Dec 28, 2011
8-1 Finland. Hope to see lot of goals from Granlunds line, especially Pulkkinen could finally get the shots to the net. Also this is a good game to practise our PP. Don´t mind if Armia dominates in this game or if we see a highlight goal from Mäkinen. :yo:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
3-1 Denmark. Finland never shows up in these games against weaker opponent.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
7-2 Suomi.
How good is Granlund now and how good is he going to be? In other words, what's his potential? Does he resemble any great finnish player in his style of play?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
7-2 Suomi.
How good is Granlund now and how good is he going to be? In other words, what's his potential? Does he resemble any great finnish player in his style of play?
Hes main weapon is the vision and stick handling and passing... Has pretty nice shot, but hasnt use it at all in this tournament. He really probably hasnt even a shot on goal. Have had many good chances, but has decided to pass in them.

Would maybe resemble S. Koivu (Stick handling, playmaking) but hes lots of better than him. I hope he gets it going in this tournament.

We need our first line to play close to their potentional in order to have a shot in this tournament. Other teams are beatable, but if we meet Canada again the first line needs to be on fire.

cenas*

Would maybe resemble S. Koivu (Stick handling, playmaking) but hes lots of better than him. I hope he gets it going in this tournament.

I think his stick handling and playmaking are better, but his speed isn't.

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
IMO MG has similaritys with Marc Savard (pre-concussions).

Sorry Danes but I think Finland is gonna have to murder you :). Konsta Mäkinen nets his first, Salomäki plays like the bull again and Armia scores a hattrick.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
I think his stick handling and playmaking are better, but his speed isn't.

Better playmaker than Koivu? Pretty optimistic opinnion, cause Koivu is the best playmaker who ever come from Finland. Yes, Granlund is good playmaker, but maybe you forgot how Saku used to be earlier in his career.

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
3-1 Denmark. Finland never shows up in these games against weaker opponent.
Last year they did.

I'm not expecting a really dominating game by the Finns, but a clear win still. Hopefully the big names stand up a bit more.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Better playmaker than Koivu? Pretty optimistic opinnion, cause Koivu is the best playmaker who ever come from Finland. Yes, Granlund is good playmaker, but maybe you forgot how Saku used to be earlier in his career.

Maybe you overrate him? I know he was / is a great playmaker, but better than granlund has shown he's? Maybe as good at best.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I have doubts about a finding a stream for this one so I might be tempted to buy a one day Pass for Katsomo for 7€, it would cover tomorrow's CZE game as well.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Finland has to win this one. They got their spirits up after abysmal Canada game and beat USA with rather convincing effort, Denmark was crushed just last night and Finns should be more rested and ready for tonight. Although Danes have nothing to lose so they could play like no tomorrow. Finns better not think that it's going to be an easy one or they'll lose.

I'm carefully optimistic about this game.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Maybe you overrate him? I know he was / is a great playmaker, but better than granlund has show.n he's? Maybe as good at best.

"As good" sound about right to me. It remains to be seen how Granlund will eventually develope. Maybe he will be better playmaker, but I am not sold on that yet.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
Finland has to win this one. They got their spirits up after abysmal Canada game and beat USA with rather convincing effort, Denmark was crushed just last night and Finns should be more rested and ready for tonight. Although Danes have nothing to lose so they could play like no tomorrow. Finns better not think that it's going to be an easy one or they'll lose.

I'm carefully optimistic about this game.

are you kidding? it's denmark, i'd understand that post if Finland played against Slovakia.

Easy win.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
playing half lights.

This is exactly the only way for finland to loose this game. Playing half lights, not putting the puck on the net, giving up a few and wow, there is the upset of the tournament so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad