GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Canada 5, Czech Republic 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Well can't complain about that game. Canada's play was disjointed for large parts of the game but they still generated plenty of chances. Wedgewood played very well, and he did not need teammates to make saves for him either. The defence continues to look very strong as well. Scheifele scored twice, but I am still hopeful that he will be better next game. I would like to see Connolly take Gallagher's place on the PP and possibly get some time with Schwartz at even strength, although his offence is valuable from the third line. Wedgewood had better start against USA.

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
I'll be interested to see if Don Hay goes to Visentin tommorow or Wedgewood and what he does against the Americans. Personally, I feel Wedgewood has earned the right to get the net on new years eve. He's done everything you could ask of him.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Big night for LAK scout Mike Futa. Won the 50/50 draw. $87,000. We know who's buying tonight. #scoutslife #didntleavearlytonightibet

:laugh:

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
How true...

You obviously know nothing about life in Alberta.

Alberta, Saskatchewan is paying for the sins of Ontario and Quebec.

Happy to do it for sure. They need our help.

50/50 on the Prairies is a good bet bet at least 5 to 10 bucks every hockey or football game myself.

We know the money stays local and the 50 percent goes to a cause.:handclap:

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
:laugh: Okay.

I don't know dozens of people that travel out to work there, or others that have looked at trailer homes for 300,000 dollars. Trailer homes that go for less than 20,000 in the rest of the country.
:laugh: I am a 5th generation Albertan who also works in the patch. Trust me these 300,000 trailers are very few and far between.

HopefulCoach

Oct 31, 2006
Rexall just got a new 50/50 system that I think is what is driving these things so high. In past they were just booklets and it was $2 a ticket. No one knew how much the 50/50 was worth until they announced the winning number.

The new system is little tiny computers on the vendors wrist and a printer on their hip. The computer relays to a central database whenever something is sold so they always have a running tally that they update throughout the game. The 50/50 was at $31000 tonight before puck drop.

Lastly, instead of tickets being $2 bucks a pop, now you can get 1 for $5, 3 for $10 or 10 for $20. Hence everyone pretty much buying twenty as its best value.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
LOL @ Harper's face... :|

What a goon. Give me a PM that jumps so high that he spills his beer.

I'm not a fan of Harper or the Conservatives, but I don't give two turds how he looks in a hockey game. Give me a PM who knows his stuff and can make tough decisions and he can look like Data in Star Trek for all I care.

Cam98

Jun 24, 2009
sick game tonight, me and friends started the wedgewood chant during player nominees. wedgewood should of won it instead of f.hamilton imo. but i wasn't watching from TV to see if he was big factor

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

If the Czechs win on Friday the Americans are out - I am assuming Canada beats Denmark.

Something to root for. Based on what I saw today (both games) it is a definite possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
If the Czechs win on Friday the Americans are out - I am assuming Canada beats Denmark.

Something to root for. Based on what I saw today (both games) it is a definite possibility.

I think so. For a 5-0 game, it didn't feel like the Czechs were really out of it until late.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I think so. For a 5-0 game, it didn't feel like the Czechs were really out of it until late.

Aye Fly,

I want to watch the 3rd period of the American game... I missed it.

Do you know where I can find it?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad