GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Canada 5, Czech Republic 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
it will be something like canadian chainsaw massacre so 7:1 for canada (boring one sided hockey match) .. I think we have better chance against USA

ottawadave

Oct 25, 2006
Does this have anything to do with you being from Ottawa, and ultimately having a soft spot for the local goalie?

I'll have to disagree with the score, I think Canada takes this one by 5+, I'm thinking 6-1.

Hmm, haha well I could see how it could appear that way. But nope, I have absolutely no love for the local teams here anyways. Haven't been to a 67s game in years (except once or twice with friends as an excuse to get bombed and see a cheap game), and I am not a Sens fan (hold a partial-season ticket for the Habs in Montreal). I am a big follower of Czech hockey though, and love the team this year. Just wish it was stacked fully up with a healthy Frk, and Placek and Stransky. But the team is still strong, several key returnees from last year, and just shows how the Czechs are building back up from several bad years of development. I think they could really surprise. Obviously it is going to take a huge performance from them today to upset Canada, and I don't really think they will medal, but for one day, in one game, with Canada probably looking ahead, shaky goaltending, and the Czechs looking awesome last night, strong chemistry, etc., I think they can win it tonight. Just have to stay out of the box, thats what got them last year, they started off with the 1-0 lead, dominated the early play, and then took a parade of penalties, including giving Canada a 5-on-3 mid-1st, and that was it. I think the Czechs will come out strong tonight, Canada is going to be surprised.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
it will be something like canadian chainsaw massacre so 7:1 for canada (boring one sided hockey match) .. I think we have better chance against USA

I don't think so. I see the chances against US/CAN the same (close to zero). We'll see. Upset would be great.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
just shows how the Czechs are building back up from several bad years of development.
czech started to change developing system this season.. how the hell you see results so fast? :D

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
love everyone pumping canada's tires
mega jinx thread

yea, gotta hate those nasty, yet non-existant jinx', and will now blame any Canada downfall on the 15 posters who have 'Jinx'ed' them.

Canada, you are doomed. :help:

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
Hmm, haha well I could see how it could appear that way. But nope, I have absolutely no love for the local teams here anyways. Haven't been to a 67s game in years (except once or twice with friends as an excuse to get bombed and see a cheap game), and I am not a Sens fan (hold a partial-season ticket for the Habs in Montreal). I am a big follower of Czech hockey though, and love the team this year. Just wish it was stacked fully up with a healthy Frk, and Placek and Stransky. But the team is still strong, several key returnees from last year, and just shows how the Czechs are building back up from several bad years of development. I think they could really surprise. Obviously it is going to take a huge performance from them today to upset Canada, and I don't really think they will medal, but for one day, in one game, with Canada probably looking ahead, shaky goaltending, and the Czechs looking awesome last night, strong chemistry, etc., I think they can win it tonight. Just have to stay out of the box, thats what got them last year, they started off with the 1-0 lead, dominated the early play, and then took a parade of penalties, including giving Canada a 5-on-3 mid-1st, and that was it. I think the Czechs will come out strong tonight, Canada is going to be surprised.

No i don't think the Czechs looked awsome yes they played good but it was aginst a very weak team with a few goals comming in the 3rd the Czechs really were not tested Denmark only had 12 shots etc now with that said could they win sure but its going to take almost a perfect game.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
No i don't think the Czechs looked awsome yes they played good but it was aginst a very weak team with a few goals comming in the 3rd the Czechs really were not tested Denmark only had 12 shots etc now with that said could they win sure but its going to take almost a perfect game.

I thought that the Czechs had numerous defensive breakdowns and if they don't rectify them the score could be ugly.
But I really really like Mzarek in net for the Czechs. (I have him right behind John Gibson for best goalie here)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
3-2 Czechs with the upset today. Canada is going to take them way too lightly, and the Czechs are going to pounce early. Mrazek is this year's Janus. Lock it up.

No, I don't think so.

I normally avoid predictions when Canada is involved, because it gives the other side a chance to rightfully come back and throw it in our faces to no end if it doesn't turn out well for us, but I will predict that Canada wins today, by a good margin.

The Czechs will have to play the games of their lives if they are going to beat Canada today, and we will have to suck. Could it happen? I suppose it could. Will it? I don't think so. This Canadian team looks highly motivated after that loss in the prelims to Sweden. I still say that was the best thing that could have happened to them.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
No, I don't think so.

I normally avoid predictions when Canada is involved, because it gives the other side a chance to rightfully come back and throw it in our faces to no end if it doesn't turn out well for us, but I will predict that Canada wins today, by a good margin.

The Czechs will have to play the games of their lives if they are going to beat Canada today, and we will have to suck. Could it happen? I suppose it could. Will it? I don't think so. This Canadian team looks highly motivated after that loss in the prelims to Sweden. I still say that was the best thing that could have happened to them.

How much did every team breathe a sigh of relief when Pelly was out.
He was the difference maker. Now this tournament is wide open to any one of four teams. NO one team has a small ice player that can match Pelly.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
He was the difference maker. Now this tournament is wide open to any one of four teams. NO one team has a small ice player that can match Pelly.

He was a good player, but not or best. Imo, you are highly overrating him.

Canada is like Kleenex. One goes out, another pops right up to take its place.

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008

I really don't think thats the case. There are many big bodied player on Team Canada that can and will fill the checking role just fine. Of course losing him hurts, but losing him, and him alone doesnt all of a sudden make the other three teams stronger contenders and make the tourny any more wide open then it already was.

Not to mention I think you'll find that USA and Sweden will be just as physical as Canada, with or without Smith-Pelley.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
He was a good player, but not or best. Imo, you are highly overrating him.

Canada is like Kleenex. One goes out, another pops right up to take its place.

All of that being said Smith is the kind of player that you don't like to play against especially if you're European. He brings it physically. Big loss for Canada.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Wedgewood is the confirmed starter for tonight according to Bob Mckenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad