GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Denmark 3, United States 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen
I love how a team wins 11-3, and yet still has trolls on this board claiming it wasnt impressive or deserving.

Enough with these trolling accusations all the time. Clearly you don't know what it means and accuses anyone who you don't agree with for being one. That's not how it goes. People have the right to their opinion, even if means that they are not in awe of Gods own Country. No-one said it wasn't deserved. And given that there wasn't any opposition in this match it really can't be "impressive". In fact the Americans was just about where I expected them to be asside from their brutal PK.

And yes, I think the Canadians will beat Denmark with twice as big a goal difference.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I have to say this was a fun game to watch, although I did expect more from the US team. Don't get me wrong, they dominated the play, but after watching both Canada and Sweden, they didn't seem to be playing on the same level. Now I do realize it's harder to draw any conclusions from such games, so I'll leave it at that.

As for Denmark, Jensen and Spelling played awesome, and I thought they were the only two that were on par (and in my opinion they were) with the US players. Linnet's play is also worth mentioning, and the power play execution was just a thing of beauty. Looking forward to watching the game against the Czechs on VOD tomorrow :)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I have to say this was a fun game to watch, although I did expect more from the US team. Don't get me wrong, they dominated the play, but after watching both Canada and Sweden, they didn't seem to be playing on the same level. Now I do realize it's harder to draw any conclusions from such games, so I'll leave it at that.

As for Denmark, Jensen and Spelling played awesome, and I thought they were the only two that were on par (and in my opinion they were) with the US players. Linnet's play is also worth mentioning, and the power play execution was just a thing of beauty. Looking forward to watching the game against the Czechs on VOD tomorrow :)

What did you expect 20-0? The U.S. dominated, ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED puck possession. It was an absolute joke. Yeah, they gave up three goals with what might have been the most passive PK of all-time, but don't you think that will be addressed?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Kind of surprised at some of the American posters in here. Most of you are pretty good posters but it seems that you have gone overboard. The game was pretty close until the 2nd and a bounce here or their and it is a different game.

First game and all but that looked like a very sub par US team so far

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Kind of surprised at some of the American posters in here. Most of you are pretty good posters but it seems that you have gone overboard. The game was pretty close until the 2nd and a bounce here or their and it is a different game.

You Canadians have always been overboard, give me a break.

In 2010, Team USA had to come back against Slovakia in the first game they played, and Canada beat Latvia 16-0 in their first game, that year. I'm sure people of your ilk were talking trash then, too.

Remind me, who won gold that year?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

.....and the final score ended up being 11-3 with the U.S. completely dominating puck possession throughout the game. Stick your guns though. Oh, and thanks for the validation.... :sarcasm:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Remind you of another game?

Answer: Canada/Finland

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
.....and the final score ended up being 11-3 with the U.S. completely dominating puck possession throughout the game. Stick your guns though. Oh, and thanks for the validation.... :sarcasm:

I would think that you would hold off waving the flag until after you played someone slighty better then Denmark though. I don't think I would be waving Canada's flag after beating up on a 2nd tier team in the 1st game.

Honestly what I saw was a very rag tag first half off the game and a team in Denmark that gave up after the 4th goal was scored. Granted it was both team's first game but you guys are acting as if the gold was already around the American players necks

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Granted it was both team's first game but you guys are acting as if the gold was already around the American players necks

No, we are responding to another in an endless stream of dumb people.

If you want to know what we think of our team you could just ask.

Robin Hood

Aug 28, 2007
Copenhagen

Actually we had a good talk about the game using our words like adults, until some came by and de-railed everything because they couldn't accept that we didn't think that USA was perfect and the best in the world at everything. And it ******** seems to go that way every ******** time someone tries to have a debate in an adult manner but dares to believe that USA could improve at something.

Last edited by a moderator:

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Actually we had a good talk about the game using our words like adults, until some came by and de-railed everything because they couldn't accept that we didn't think that USA was perfect and the best in the world at everything. And it ******** seems to go that way every ******** time someone tries to have a debate in an adult manner but dares to believe that USA could improve at something.

I guess if we don't agree with the Canadians that have invaded this thread, we are doing something wrong.

I do think the Americans could improve, but I'm not going to just agree with everything you people say. Sorry if that blows your mind.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
You Canadians have always been overboard, give me a break.

In 2010, Team USA had to come back against Slovakia in the first game they played, and Canada beat Latvia 16-0 in their first game, that year. I'm sure people of your ilk were talking trash then, too.

Remind me, who won gold that year?

You did. One of TWO in your history, to go along with one silvers four bronzes.

Canada has won fifteen GOLD, 27 medals total. Just sayin', there's a reason to go overboard in Canada.

But hey, if you string some good years together here, you may catch up. Keep workin', boys. I'll likely be dead of old age, but it could happen.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
You did. One of TWO in your history, to go along with one silvers four bronzes.

Canada has won fifteen GOLD, 27 medals total. Just sayin', there's a reason to go overboard in Canada.

But hey, if you string some good years together here, you may catch up. Keep workin', boys. I'll likely be dead of old age, but it could happen.

You're right.

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

You are probably right. I didn't read through all the pages just the last few so I am probably just seeing some angry retorts.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Wow I forgot how insufferable this place gets during the WJCs.

We get it Canada has a ton of medals, congrats. I thought this was the thread to discuss US-Denmark.

Take out the tuuurrible PKs and the US played as dominant of a game as you could hope for. They outshot Denmark 2:1 and puck possession was even more lopsided. I don't know what's up for debate, except the need to fix the PK. But it's one game against Denmark.

UvBnDatsyuked

Apr 30, 2005
Wow I forgot how insufferable this place gets during the WJCs.

We get it Canada has a ton of medals, congrats. I thought this was the thread to discuss US-Denmark.

Take out the tuuurrible PKs and the US played as dominant of a game as you could hope for. They outshot Denmark 2:1 and puck possession was even more lopsided. I don't know what's up for debate, except the need to fix the PK. But it's one game against Denmark.

Some people have no idea what kind of light is shed when they show up here just to make sure no one gets too carried away with a US win. You would think that the Swiss Chalet kitchen help would be a tad more busy this time of day.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
What did you expect 20-0? The U.S. dominated, ABSOLUTELY DOMINATED puck possession. It was an absolute joke. Yeah, they gave up three goals with what might have been the most passive PK of all-time, but don't you think that will be addressed?
No, I couldn't care less about the score. What I expected was dominance on the same level as Sweden showed versus Latvia, and I didn't see it. Why is it so wrong that I post this here? I did say you dominated, I just expected more. And I also said I shouldn't draw too many conclusions from this one game, but you don't have to jump on every word I write just because I'm not touting your players to the heavens.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
No, I couldn't care less about the score. What I expected was dominance on the same level as Sweden showed versus Latvia, and I didn't see it. Why is it so wrong that I post this here? I did say you dominated, I just expected more. And I also said I shouldn't draw too many conclusions from this one game, but you don't have to jump on every word I write just because I'm not touting your players to the heavens.

Okay-what "level of dominance" were you expecting? As for Sweden's effort against Latvia, how was that any differant? The score was only 4-3 Sweden well in the 2nd.

gsharpe

Jan 12, 2010
How did Jensen look? Im curious if he'll be fast enough to make the Canucks next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad