GDT: Group A - May 12 - Russia vs Switzerland

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
The Swiss are very feisty right now. They've stepped up their hockey program big time, I must say.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Brain fart in defence, Yakovlev with a bad error. I'm unimpressed with our initiative and skating today. We're just 'keeping the score' and have given up the initiative.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
This is a very bad game by Russia. We're making stupid mistakes and letting the opponent close the gap.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
With that kind of miserable defence performance by Yakovlev, we probably won't get past the 1/4 finals.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
The mistakes of the swiss were not better btw

Honestly, I didn't see that many bad mistakes by the Swiss, the Russians just used their skills really well in their scored goals. Russia and especially Yakovlev, made some really bad defensive errors. And we gave up the initiative and started playing 'defensively', which Russian teams aren't really 'supposed' to do. I don't know what Vorobyev is thinking.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Honestly, I didn't see that many bad mistakes by the Swiss, the Russians just used their skills really well in their scored goals. Russia and especially Yakovlev, made some really bad defensive errors. And we gave up the initiative and started playing 'defensively', which Russian teams aren't really 'supposed' to do. I don't know what Vorobyev is thinking.

We'll take it, but this was a lucky, lucky win! Yakovlev lost the game to the Czechs, and nearly lost it tonight. Also, Koshechkin was awful, and this is a team that can't afford weak goaltending. He has big problems with pucks at his feet, and despite his enormous size, he always goes down to his knees too quickly and opens up the upper half of the goal. So many pucks bounced off the goalposts in the last 3 minutes that I couldn't count them.

Actually, finishing 3rd in the Group might not be too bad because that might match them against the USA in the QF. Canada isn't playing well but they could be dangerous in the playoff round.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
We'll take it, but this was a lucky, lucky win! Yakovlev lost the game to the Czechs, and nearly lost it tonight. Also, Koshechkin was awful, and this is a team that can't afford weak goaltending. He has big problems with pucks at his feet, and despite his enormous size, he always goes down to his knees too quickly and opens up the upper half of the goal. So many pucks bounced off the goalposts in the last 3 minutes that I couldn't count them.

Actually, finishing 3rd in the Group might not be too bad because that might match them against the USA in the QF. Canada isn't playing well but they could be dangerous in the playoff round.

Do we not have a better defenceman than Yakovlev? Man oh man. I don't quite agree about Koshechkin, he was there when he had to be, our defence is more to blame and just the overall pace of the game in the 3rd, where we handed the Swiss the initiative and stopped pressuring them in their own zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad