GDT: Group A - May 12 - Russia vs Switzerland

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Even without josi and fiala the swiss are at least not that much worse than the russians ;). But their face off ****ed up....
Even with Josi and Fiala they won't come close to this russian roster.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
God and the goal post were on Russia's side today! What a battle by Team Switzerland!
And of course, who else than Ghetto could have brought this team back into the game!?! Note that Fischer is entrusting him with the crucial faceoffs in the opponent's end. He's having a heck of a tournament. :thumbu:
Nice tournament debut of Gusev btw.:popcorn:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
God and the goal post were on Russia's side today! What a battle by Team Switzerland!
And of course, who else than Ghetto could have brought this team back into the game!?! Note that Fischer is entrusting him with the crucial faceoffs in the opponent's end. He's having a heck of a tournament. :thumbu:
Nice tournament debut of Gusev btw.:popcorn:

Do you mean those three posts in the 1st?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Curious to see what he can do against the top players on constant basis
It is very obvious what he can and can't do. Yeah, let's make a league that is a cancer to international hockey better out of curiosity.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Did you notice how much time the linesmen needs to get that there are actually 6 russians trying to score a goal 3 minutes before the end? :D
He's literally counting with his fingers. :laugh:

Good effort by Switzerland, Russia obviously stronger and better, especially in the first period. Now get that qualification for the quarters done and then anything can happen.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Russia should have buried this game in the first period but for poor finishing. I don't know what game the Swiss fans were watching but they play a very limited hockey game.

Unfortunately this Russian team decided to play down to their level instead of keeping on attacking and played within themselves for much of the game.

Yakovlev decided to see if he could beat Tryamkin (gift goal for the Czechs yesterday) for worst defensive error of tournament. There is no way with the likes of these two clowns and Kiselevich that this team will medal. There is no chance that the team can score enough goals to compensate for their continual giveaways.

And what is Kosechkin still doing in net. Time to place Shestyorkin in there.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Russia should have buried this game in the first period but for poor finishing. I don't know what game the Swiss fans were watching but they play a very limited hockey game.

Unfortunately this Russian team decided to play down to their level instead of keeping on attacking and played within themselves for much of the game.

Yakovlev decided to see if he could beat Tryamkin (gift goal for the Czechs yesterday) for worst defensive error of tournament. There is no way with the likes of these two clowns and Kiselevich that this team will medal. There is no chance that the team can score enough goals to compensate for their continual giveaways.

They say, Shesterkin is possible vs Sweden or Slovaks.

justanotherfan

Mar 24, 2007

I do not know which game you were watching but I saw a russian team that was nearly defeated by this 'limited hockey' the Swiss played.

I saw a questionable call on a Swiss player that in consequence led to the 5 on 3, thus a Russian goal. I saw much stronger Swiss special teams and I saw a second and third period in which the Swiss ran the play... also I saw a Swiss team that almost tied the game up in dying seconds of the game. I saw a 'limited Swiss team' that deserved a point, but just failed to get one...

Russias tournament will soon be over if they cannot lift their game over this one. ;)

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I do not know which game you were watching but I saw a russian team that was nearly defeated by this 'limited hockey' the Swiss played.

I saw a questionable call on a Swiss player that in consequence led to the 5 on 3, thus a Russian goal. I saw much stronger Swiss special teams and I saw a second and third period in which the Swiss ran the play... also I saw a Swiss team that almost tied the game up in dying seconds of the game. I saw a 'limited Swiss team' that deserved a point, but just failed to get one...

Russias tournament will soon be over if they cannot lift their game over this one. ;)

Russia was a better team, all our goals were scored, because Swiss just couldn't hold our players' skill and speed, and that 5 vs 3 was absolutely 100% deserved, while Swiss goals were a mix of luck, good PP (that's a skill, of course) and stupid mistakes from Russian players.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
No question that Russia is the better skilled team but your view is a little bit one-sided. I mean you're right on the Swiss goals (great shot on the PP, a little bit lucky but also a good interception on the 2nd and a nice deflection on the third) but before each Russian goal you also find a "stupid" mistake by a Swiss player. And letting Russia play 5vs3 by getting two totally unnecessary penalties I'd also consider a gift for Russia. So the truth lies somewhere in between I guess.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Russia was a better team, all our goals were scored, because Swiss just couldn't hold our players' skill and speed, and that 5 vs 3 was absolutely 100% deserved, while Swiss goals were a mix of luck, good PP (that's a skill, of course) and stupid mistakes from Russian players.

^winner of the 2018 BS Prize.

Russia was overall better, but Switzerland played a great game. Learn to show to others some respect and you will get some back one day. Stay classy.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
^winner of the 2018 BS Prize.

Russia was overall better, but Switzerland played a great game. Learn to show to others some respect and you will get some back one day. Stay classy.

Lol, where I said, that Switzerland sucked? I said, Russia wasn't close to defeat. And 5 vs 3 wasn't questionable. Russia was a better team, despite Swiss doing their best to win the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->