GDT: Group A • Feb. 16 • Slovenia vs. United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
We need Russia to win this or it sets up a US-Rus quarterfinal. I don't know how they can't score against SLV defense and their 3rd string goalie

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
It's not over the top. What is over the top is when people keep coming to his aide every second something negative is said about his play in this tournament thus far. He's been criticized fairly.

I could see if he was taking stupid shots or just throwing passes across the ice for no reason. He is trying to make something happen out there because no one else on his line can. Can't fault a guy for that.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
should be Miller. Only reason Slicenia didn't score more was because of him and some good blocks from the group.

But, Bylsma plays his favorites as we've all seen and for some odd reason, he has a hard on for Quick so be prepared to lose in the semis

GLG12xx12

Go Leafs Go!!!!
Dec 5, 2010
Boone, IA
I could see if he was taking stupid shots or just throwing passes across the ice for no reason. He is trying to make something happen out there because no one else on his line can. Can't fault a guy for that.

So Kane is the only talented guy on his line? Kesler... no talent?

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Russia ot win would still be huge for USA. USA can't do worse than 3rd seed. A Russia or win puts them in 5th seed and matches them up against the 4 seed.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Another good win. I like this team. Miller and Wheeler were good.

Where can I see TOI lists for these games?

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
So Kane is the only talented guy on his line? Kesler... no talent?

Everytime I look up he and brown are always behind Kane. Like I said his linemates can't keep up. Kesler is a fit for Kane because he gets him the puck. They need Parise on that line because he can score and playmake

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
should be Miller. Only reason Slicenia didn't score more was because of him and some good blocks from the group.

But, Bylsma plays his favorites as we've all seen and for some odd reason, he has a hard on for Quick so be prepared to lose in the semis

So was there even 1 NHL player on the ice for Slovenia in the 3rd period?

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
4th in points in the NHL. Only a +1.

He is a great offensive player, but the game is played in 3 zones. If you want to say he may be the best player right now in the offensive zone, you have an argument to make. But he's not when you take all 3 zones into account.

Why even bother commenting on a player when it's obvious you haven't seen him play. Phil may be +1 but that puts him among the best of the Leaf forwards. If you've actually watched him play you would see that his defensive play has improved significantly.

While I don't think Phil is the best player in the world, his defensive play and unselfishness are the reasons (in some people's minds) he is now in the conversation.

It's so annoying when people just look at stats and make their judgement on a player. Especially plus/minus, which is the dumbest stat when taken out of context.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Phil Kessel in a short after game interview, " just trying to help the team, but we have to keep getting better".

Phil has come a long way, very mature and focused.

Happy for the guy. Finally getting some recognition for being the player he is.

Brian Burke must be smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad