GDT: Group A • Dec. 31 • Slovakia 6, Switzerland 4

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
:sarcasm:

Slovensko_MVK_ENG.jpg

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Congrats to Svk, well deserved. Switzerland just wasn't ready.

No way to play like this in the third period again. If you compare it with the game vs. Russia or Sweden, that was miles better.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
LOL. Chovan thought he was named man of the match, he skated up to pick up his award. It was actually Matousek. :):):) He had to skate back in shame.

WeberStreit

Jan 31, 2008
That was well deserved. Switzerland was way too passive. They completley stopped playing after the 4-2.

Password

Nov 19, 2010
Finland
Wow. What a comeback for the Slovaks! I thought that the Swiss would win this game.

Interesting qf for us vs. Slovakia, definitely a tough, tight game to come.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Man, I made one of the best New Year 'Day's decisions of my live: to stay at home and watch this game :handclap::nod::yo: Unbelievable comeback

And Chovan is a good joker :laugh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
damn, the swiss really shouldn't have lost this being up 4-2 in the 3rd. Had they had Nino and Bartschi they would have been medal contenders, now they have to go to the relegation round with another unnamed so called medal contender:(

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
LOL. Chovan thought he was named man of the match, he skated up to pick up his award. It was actually Matousek. :):):) He had to skate back in shame.

Who the heck choses the player of the game for these games? The choices are ridiculously bad. I mean, insultingly bad.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
damn, the swiss really shouldn't have lost this being up 4-2 in the 3rd. Had they had Nino and Bartschi they would have been medal contenders, now they have to go to the relegation round with another unnamed so called medal contender:(

Don't play that game. Win with who you have. Every team has injuries, unavailable players, and weird player selections from coaches.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Who the heck choses the player of the game for these games? The choices are ridiculously bad. I mean, insultingly bad.

Matousek was on the ice for I think the first two Swiss goals. :) But I don't think he was too terrible a selection, his goal started the avalanche and he is a pretty solid player. I believe the selections are made by the coach of the opposing team. Also some of the selectors don't like taking a player who already has won the award which is pretty lame.

The player of the game was Tomas Jurco. Chovan would not have a single goal without Jurco doing all the work. I suppose Marincin or Gernat would also be reasonable choices, but they split the vote in half.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Don't play that game. Win with who you have. Every team has injuries, unavailable players, and weird player selections from coaches.

I'm not playing any game, the Slovaks played well and deserve to be in the medal round, it's just this was the year for the swiss, I really think had they got to the medal round they had a shot at a medal, and now they'll be at best 7th:(

and I'm Canadian, I just have a soft spot for the swiss:cry:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Marek Tvrdon is January 1993 born. Can he play in this tournament next year?

FinRuutu

Red Wins
Feb 7, 2010
Helsinki
Congratz Slovakia, well deserved :)

Waiting for the game against you guys. I hope we win but I wouldn't be totally bummed if we lose against Slovaks as I would be if it was against some other team.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I don't recall him being on the ice for the Matousek goal. But yeah, I've never seen an SVK performance like this. Tatar & Panik have nothing on Jurco.

Didn´t Pánik score like 4 goals last year against Norway in the relegation round? Though that would have been impossible for you to see unless you were at the game live, I guess.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Congrats Slovakia, this means we're gonna probably meet again. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad