GDT: Group A • Dec. 27 • Slovakia 3, Latvia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Yea i'm not sure. The commentators made it sound like the linesmen missed the icing but the goalie did come out. Probably the reason for the wave off.

But not pulling him. I don't get it. Not pulling him after 3-1 i get cuz of goal differential.

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
For those that didn't see it. Faceoff in Slovak zone. Minute and change left. Latvia didn't pull it's 'tender. Latvia wins the faceoff. Sets up and still doesn't pull the goalie. Slovaks eventually ice it and it gets waived off for some unknown reason.

Jurco is something special. I like Mraz as well and Tvrdon had a nice game. #6 (Trska) on the back end is very good as well.
That was something very strange. What's even more weird that the goalie was pulled before, then the Slovaks iced the puck, face-off in their zone, 1:16 left and for some reason Gudlevskis comes back in the crease. :help:

Zieminsh is a true surprise (before the tournament started I thought he'd be cut form the team). Yesterday he was fine, but today he was our best forward together with Pelshs.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
That kid is their best defenseman. He plays in the QMJHL and is actually pretty good. He doesn't have a whole lot to work with though, so he may look bad.

Yikes. He didn't seem to get much ice time tonight at all. He looks like he's skating in slush out there. Maybe he's under the weather or something.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Geeez, I fell asleep and didn't see the game :laugh:. Man, I was so nervous until I turned on the computer :laugh:. At least I found theese highlights:

Last edited:

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Still the best game we've played vs Slovakia 4 times we've been in the elite... now we have our best game vs Sweden and vs Slovakia too, should only keep it up and if that happens, we might get points vs Switzerland :laugh: as we always play better vs them :)

But I don't understand why the f Miļūns broke up Lipsbergs-Jevpalovs duo. Lipsbergs and Jevpalovs have played the whole season together, they have great chemistry, they looked very good vs Sweden, Lipsbergs got 2 goals and Jevpalovs 2 assists on his goals.

DrStrangelife

Dec 14, 2011
Rīga
they have to do something about that lifeless powerplay. At least the PK managed to finally kill of an entire penalty.

We first of all have to do something about our defense. How on earth could we allow 45 Shots on Goal?? Even against Sweden 40 SOG allowed now seem quite good compared to this game. I can only say :handclap: about Gudlevskis performance. We must do something about this terrible defense our players look lost on every PK and make terrible decisions and mistakes almost every time we must defend our goal. It seems our players lack the knowledge of basic defensive positioning or do I have to blame Miluns for this? Also our first 2 PP were just :facepalm: We were just sleepwalking out there and we basically created no chances at all. Now 2 games in a row we've had quite many PP's, sadly we don't know how to capitalize on them. And of course what the hell happened at the end of the game, such a disorganization from Latvia. The fact that we lost doesn't even bug me as much as the fact that we lost without even challenging our opponent. We would have lost this game with much worse score if it weren't for Gudlevskis solid performance. On the positive note I was definitively happy about Pelss's and Ziemins's performance also I loved the physical presence from Girgensons, he made quite many strong hits and you could feel his presence during the whole game.

Nothing more to say but congrats to Slovakia, you definitively were a better team tonight. :nod:

croAVSfan*

Latvia was so close :(

And those slovaks will again survive in elite division :shakehead:shakehead

Zolik37

#1 Nate Guenin fan
Aug 17, 2011
Latvia was so close :(

And those slovaks will again survive in elite division :shakehead:shakehead

What a shame huh? Those ugly slovaks with no hockey tradition will stay in the elite division for another year :p:
I wonder if Croatia will survive in the elit.... oh wait:naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad