GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • United States vs. Canada • Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm on mobile and planning my day for tomorrow, which network is this going to be on in the U.S.?
NHL NETWORK WJC SCHEDULE
Date Visitor Home Time
Dec. 26 CZE RUS 7:00 a.m. ET
Dec. 26 SUI SWE 9:30 a.m. ET
Dec. 26 USA CAN 1:00 p.m. ET
Dec. 26 FIN BLR 3:30 p.m. ET *
* - Denotes game shown on tape delay.

bansheebeat

Cherry-Coloured Funk
Jul 31, 2011
Really want to see Barzal with Marner and Strome. I think he's exactly the kind of skill those 2 need to get going. He looked great against Sweden and shouldn't be the 13th forward.

connor macdavid

Press Box Rat
Dec 24, 2008
Ottawa
8-1 Canada because the US simply doesn't have any good Medicine Hat boys to grind out the win. #CANADA

(Please read with sarcasm, guaranteed 1-2 goal game)

Russiaboy

Oct 20, 2014
Is it unpatriotic to just cheer for our prospects instead of my country :laugh:

Also, so pumped to see Matthews.

We have freedom of speech , im Canadian but im looking forward to see the Russians take it , alot of good players on this team this year even tho people are saying there isnt much players that are good up front but i disagree . Russia taking gold against Canada . either way it will be a fun tourney ! people can bash me all they want ill speak my mind . and i have a opinion i remember last year people sending me death threats via facebook people are crazy really .

ikzu

Oct 22, 2015
If I remember correctly, US has been very strong on preliminary round in recent years. I'm not gonna predict anything, but it should't be a surprise if they win this game.

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Both of these teams looked stacked. I would like to see what Dvorak can do by himself. His numbers are top notch but can he carry a line or a team.

I think the edge has to go to Canada for their Defence.

As a Leafs fan can't wait to get it started as there are quite a few of prospects for us to watch.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Can't believe this game is up first. What a tough way to start the tournament for both of these teams. As always when Canada and the US lock horns, we end up with a game that's an absolute beauty! I'm sure this will be another great chapter in the rivalry.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
The game is completely unpredictable and the result, whatever it is, could easily go the the opposite way in a medal round rematch. Great game coming up!

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
The U.S struggle on big ice more than Canada, both aren't great but I think Canada has a team more suited for the big ice with changes of mind-set.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
So excited as a Coyotes fan. Strome, Perlini, Dvorak, and Macinnis! Should be a great game!!!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I look forward to seeing people criticize Virtanen and you responding to each and every one with a criticism of another player on the team, ideally one who has been drafted by the team in their avatar.

Looking forward to this game almost as much, should be a good'r.

Let's go Canada, not as confident with this team from what I saw vs Sweden, defence was ugly.

:laugh:

Nailed it

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Patriotism is for older countries who are bitter and jaded.

Just apologize profusely and cheer for your own prospects ;)

We have freedom of speech , im Canadian but im looking forward to see the Russians take it , alot of good players on this team this year even tho people are saying there isnt much players that are good up front but i disagree . Russia taking gold against Canada . either way it will be a fun tourney ! people can bash me all they want ill speak my mind . and i have a opinion i remember last year people sending me death threats via facebook people are crazy really .

Yeah, TBH I kind of hope Finland takes the whole thing.

It would be great for them to win it in their home country.

Also wouldn't mind seeing USA take it. It would be huge for USAhockey and the growth of hockey to win a prestigious tourney.

Most of all I want to see some good hockey!

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
If Canada had Blackwood, I wouldn't be as worried about this game.

Since Canada has McDonald, I am very worried. He's looked atrocious so far in the pre competition.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
United States 4 Canada 2

The Canadian fans start worrying after one game.

3 points for Dvorak.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I hope Barzal gets some good ice time and maybe a chance with Strome-Marner.

Who is the home team ? Quite important to know....if it's Canada then I'm sure Crouse-Stephens-Konecny line will be there against the Matthews' line, and I'm pretty confident in that match up. The question is what line goes against Dvorak, Milano, White. I would have Perlini-Point-Virtanen personally and I would be confident in that too.

Last edited:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
finally it's here! Game Day! Going to be a dandy and most likely wild affair.

Hoping for some kind of scandal whereby it finally forces USAH and Hockey Canada to create a Best of 7 Junior Border Clash once every 4 years.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I like to cheer for both teams. However, since Konecny and Sanheim are on team Canada, then go Canada go! Anyway, this should be fantastic game.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Which one has the better goalie wins this thing. Blackwood is out, so McDonald should pull his act together and forget the burgers of his namesake until the tournament is over; or his games are over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad