Waived: Gregory Campbell placed on waivers

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
At some point if im ownership, im leary of letting Jarmo sign contracts :laugh:

He isn't the one who does contracts and almost all of our contracts since he has become the GM are good. That contract wasn't bad. He just didn't play that well and we have better options now. You should be happy that we have a management and ownership group that doesn't keep players just because of their contract. Instead, they keep the best players.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Party-GIF.gif

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Interesting. Can't deny he's washed up, but figured he was still capable of being a 40 game a year 4th liner. I guess this means Sedlak made the team.

Now if they'll only waive Prout...

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Interesting. Can't deny he's washed up, but figured he was still capable of being a 40 game a year 4th liner. I guess this means Sedlak made the team.

Now if they'll only waive Prout...

methinks one of Prout/Goloubef will be waived once Cody gets healthy

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
They won't waive Prout after they just signed him to an extension.

Campbell seems like a nice guy but...not good at hockey anymore.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
You were handsome and grand like a statue of classical antiquity. You did everything swift and better than the rest of us. Today I step into your ice haus, the windows look to the south. On the boards oak planks are good wood, I see that. I was proudly envious of you. I admit that, when I sit at your ice hall today. So good wood, so good wood, so good wood it is.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
You were handsome and grand like a statue of classical antiquity. You did everything swift and better than the rest of us. Today I step into your ice haus, the windows look to the south. On the boards oak planks are good wood, I see that. I was proudly envious of you. I admit that, when I sit at your ice hall today. So good wood, so good wood, so good wood it is.
...Tuesday's coming, did you bring your coat?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He isn't the one who does contracts and almost all of our contracts since he has become the GM are good. That contract wasn't bad. He just didn't play that well and we have better options now. You should be happy that we have a management and ownership group that doesn't keep players just because of their contract. Instead, they keep the best players.

I guess you're right if you don't include Campbell, Boll, Horton (Clarkson), Foligno, Dubinsky, Bobrovski, McIlhenny and Prout.

Other than these he's been damn near perfect:laugh::laugh:

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
So, we still need to cut/waive one more player after this, correct?

Presumably one of Dubois, Sedlak, Prout, or Golo seeing as they're the extras right now. My not-too-educated guess is that it will be Dubois, and that they're just trying to get him a few extra practices with the team before rosters have to be finalized.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
So don't we have to wait to see what happens first? Obviously hope someone claims him but if he doesn't can't the CBJ just keep him or buy him out correct? I'll be happy when someone claims him and/or the CBJ buys him out.

I thought he would be serviceable but seeing what D-mac has gone on to do and see how little Campbell helps makes it tough. Hopefully someone claims him.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
So don't we have to wait to see what happens first? Obviously hope someone claims him but if he doesn't can't the CBJ just keep him or buy him out correct? I'll be happy when someone claims him and/or the CBJ buys him out.

I thought he would be serviceable but seeing what D-mac has gone on to do and see how little Campbell helps makes it tough. Hopefully someone claims him.

he goes to Cleveland and we save $950k on the cap...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

I don't get this Jarmo isn't the guy who writes the contracts. While I'm pretty sure he doesn't dot i's and cross t's I'm pretty sure he is the guy who says add this guy and Zito then has parameters within which he must work. It's not like Zito walks in and says "Hey Jarmo, you and JD are going to be surprised but I just signed a guy at the end of his career to a 5 yr $6m deal with a full NMC.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
So, we still need to cut/waive one more player after this, correct?

Presumably one of Dubois, Sedlak, Prout, or Golo seeing as they're the extras right now. My not-too-educated guess is that it will be Dubois, and that they're just trying to get him a few extra practices with the team before rosters have to be finalized.

Goloubef is injured - not counting against the 23 cap if he's on IR. So yes, one more cut. Either Dubois or Harrington to waivers is my guess.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I don't get this Jarmo isn't the guy who writes the contracts. While I'm pretty sure he doesn't dot i's and cross t's I'm pretty sure he is the guy who says add this guy and Zito then has parameters within which he must work. It's not like Zito walks in and says "Hey Jarmo, you and JD are going to be surprised but I just signed a guy at the end of his career to a 5 yr $6m deal with a full NMC.

:laugh::laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

It was a bad move at the time too. Bruins fans basic response when we signed him for that much was "suckers".

Well that, and love for Campbell. I think they were correct on both counts.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

Trying to figure this one out. He stunk, but it was good contract anyway. Add that Campbell essentially replaced DMac. The same DMac who is now captain of the Panthers.

Yeah, a real winner of a deal.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Seemed like a good guy, and a good locker room guy. But, he can't win faceoffs, and he doesn't bring anything but grit to the roster (and you can get grit cheaper.) However, his leadership will be missed I think. Maybe he can latch on elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad