Waived: Greening Waived

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Kind of sad - guy's career is over after a few seasons. I hope he was smart with that contract money, and don't forget he lost at least 1/2 of it in taxes.

BigBush*

Kind of sad - guy's career is over after a few seasons. I hope he was smart with that contract money, and don't forget he lost at least 1/2 of it in taxes.

I'm sure he was smart with it. Ya taxes and all he's still in or near the top percentile of Canadian earners

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

75% of the value of his contract has yet to be paid out.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I'm sure he was smart with it. Ya taxes and all he's still in or near the top percentile of Canadian earners

75% of the value of his contract has yet to be paid out.

1% is 191k

he is well above the 1%

Some players make a hefty paycheque but still wind up broke. I loved the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "Broke". If Jack Johnson can plow through $30M I'm curious if Greening is going to wind up the same way and possibly serve jail time.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Some players make a hefty paycheque but still wind up broke. I loved the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "Broke". If Jack Johnson can plow through $30M I'm curious if Greening is going to wind up the same way and possibly serve jail time.

You realize how stupid, I'm sorry, this is to say. Using Johnson as a benchmark for Greening is very, very...I'll leave it at that.

Wondering if Greening will possibly serve jail time :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2010/05/hockey-player-wins-national-achievement-award

Greening is an honour student in economics and management. I think he's much MUCH smarter than your average NHLer. I'll go ahead and say that he could most likely live off of the money he earned so far, Johnson is just stupid as a rock to lose 30M.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I do believe Johnson's parents kinda stole that money....

So I'm assuming they had access to all that money just like that? You can't access someones money unless they give you permission. Which in any way is stupid to put 30M on the table for whatever reason.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
THe guy can play hockey, he just doesn't seem to be an NHLer anymore.

Im sure he could have some success in the KHL and earn a decent pay cheque if he wants to keep playing

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He is smart, you can tell by the fact that he is by very far the best interview on the team

Just not hockey smart

There are all kinds of smart

I don't think it is a case of Greening not being smart; I think it is a case of not having very good hockey skills such as puck handling, shooting, passing, etc. Plus he has a big body and is in very good shape, we are told, but he fails to use it effectively. Another Schubert.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
THe guy can play hockey, he just doesn't seem to be an NHLer anymore.

Im sure he could have some success in the KHL and earn a decent pay cheque if he wants to keep playing

I think he is less cut out for the KHL game than the NHL game. His best feature is he is a big body that shoulda/woulda/coulda been a power forward. IMO he does not have the finesse to excel on the big ice in Europe.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think he is less cut out for the KHL game than the NHL game. His best feature is he is a big body that shoulda/woulda/coulda been a power forward. IMO he does not have the finesse to excel on the big ice in Europe.

I have no idea what is involved in the KHL game when I see Cheechoo among the top scorers.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I have no idea what is involved in the KHL game when I see Cheechoo among the top scorers.

True. But Cheechoo was excellent for a while in the NHL. Greening was always marginal by comparison, although he did pile up points riding a great Spezza season that one year.

But yeah, Cheechoo does appear to have the same limitations that Greening has. Weird that he would do so well over there.

BigBush*

True. But Cheechoo was excellent for a while in the NHL. Greening was always marginal by comparison, although he did pile up points riding a great Spezza season that one year.

But yeah, Cheechoo does appear to have the same limitations that Greening has. Weird that he would do so well over there.

Cheechoo was pretty skilled was he not? when i play on an international size ice i notice skill becomes way more important then hockey iq and making quick smart decisions like on an NHL ice. there is just so much more room to skate and shoot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad