Waived: Greening Waived

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Let's see if one of the other 29 teams in the NHL agree with Greening's self-assessment of his value. Somehow I doubt it.

If they did, he would have been traded long ago. He is proving to be "uncoachable".

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
imagine if he's the first call up, I can totally see that happening.

I highly doubt that. He looks like Scubert. I hope Chiasson is paying attention to what is happening to Greening, as he is now on that same bubble too. The incentive is there now and he must perform, or else.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Always found it funny when broadcasters/media went on about how intelligent greening is.
He went to school, got it. He still can't figure out how to take the puck to the net. Not smart enough to fool me.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Always found it funny when broadcasters/media went on about how intelligent greening is.
He went to school, got it. He still can't figure out how to take the puck to the net. Not smart enough to fool me.

Intelligence and hockey iq is two different things i would think. Greening probably has high intelligence, but really low hockey iq.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
Intelligence and hockey iq is two different things i would think. Greening probably has high intelligence, but really low hockey iq.

Exactly
And I'm still not buying that he's that intelligent in general. Not to dump on the guy. Seems real nice and all.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I highly doubt that. He looks like Scubert. I hope Chiasson is paying attention to what is happening to Greening, as he is now on that same bubble too. The incentive is there now and he must perform, or else.

That's the best thing about this move. It shows the rest of the team that getting a contract isn't a free pass. You have to earn your spot, and continue to to work hard and show results to keep it.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I wish him all the best.

His game fell off badly the past couple of years, and he was not helped by a huge drop in quality of linemates (the two went hand in hand). It is clearly time for the team to move on without him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

He is smart, you can tell by the fact that he is by very far the best interview on the team

Just not hockey smart

There are all kinds of smart

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
The guy manages to get a multi year, multi million dollar guaranteed contract with minimal hockey talent in the best hockey league in the world and some question his smarts....sheesh!!!

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Exactly
And I'm still not buying that he's that intelligent in general. Not to dump on the guy. Seems real nice and all.

You're still not buying that he's intelligent off the ice, contrary to loads of examples and facts that he is, from people that actually have met the guy? He's a genius off the ice, with very little intelligence on the ice.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
You're still not buying that he's intelligent off the ice, contrary to loads of examples and facts that he is, from people that actually have met the guy? He's a genius off the ice, with very little intelligence on the ice.

A genius off the ice now, eh?

So I'm to assume from this that he was wearing his skates when asked if there was any way for him to improve his game. :sarcasm:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Exactly

Um..
Ok?

So a brain surgeon should be a natural ice hockey player?

Colin Greening's intelligence should not come into question. The man was the person who went through the entire CBA and was able to translate it into layman's terms for the rest of the team.

He may not have been a great hockey player, but questioning his actual intelligence is petty and nearly idiotic.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
steven hawking would've crushed the great one's records...if only he was interested in hockey.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
edit: okay so mobile links don't work for YouTube :(

Let's all take a moment to remember, Colin Greening and him dancing to all the single ladies out there...

(Can someone upload pls?)

spader

Oct 13, 2013
Saskatchewan
Toronto will pick him up and he'll beast mode every game against us.

People said the same thing about Winchester. Greening is a plug at this point. He's isn't going to go all "Hulk smash" because he gets bought out or dumped. Unless something changes in his game, he isn't an NHL player. He's going to fade into obscurity.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
steven hawking would've crushed the great one's records...if only he was interested in hockey.

Well put.

Hopefully people realize how stupid some of the stuff being said around here is.

Greening might not have the best hockey instincts, but questioning his general intelligence is just strange... or extremely petty.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
What makes you think he is not intelligent?

nothing.
and what makes me think he is very intelligent? nothing.
I'm just not convinced of either that's all.

Part of my opinion comes from the way he talks about his role on the team, what he needs to do to be successful and then what he actually does on the ice. I'm not convinced he has full comprehension of the situation.

I didn't say I thought the guy was a moron. come on now.

And anyway who cares what I think. I've never met the guy. I'm just posting on the internet. Telling stories about my thoughts.

Last edited:

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Greening cleared.

KyCjo.gif

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This likely reduces his chances of serious injury and likely increases the odds of him having a successful post-hockey life: he'll have plenty of money and will likely not be a professional hockey player anymore thus thrusting him into the real world with a nice little head start

This could be a blessing in disguise for him to be quite frank

nothing.
and what makes me think he is very intelligent? nothing.
I'm just not convinced of either that's all.

People that regularly interact with him claim he is and you can easily tell that he is brighter than most hockey players just by listening to his interviews

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Nobody saw this coming...

They should've just bought him out!

They werent allowed to, he makes too little money by about 100k

It was 10k, not 100k.

That's only for the 2nd buyout window after arbitration.

For example, the Sharks bought out Adam Burish who made 1.85M.

They will just have to do it next off-season.

Adam Burish was allowed to be bought out because based on inflation his salary in 2013 would have been below the 1.75m threshold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad