Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

Christien

May 1, 2010
The guy with 24 AHL pts? He is 165 lbs and isn't lighting up the AHL, how is he an NHL player hopeful right now?
That was kind of a bold prediction by me, but he passes the eye test even though the numbers aren't there yet. I think next year he's gonna play a much bigger role on this team and prove a lot.

Reactions: David D

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Did I watch the wrong video? Wasn’t that a total snipe?
Yeah. I don’t know if the slow motion replays gave the wrong impression, but watching it in person it was a snipe. Sure, not the hardest wrister around maybe, but there was nothing wrong with that shot. Excellent placement and plenty of velocity. It was the best shot in this game so far.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Cossa has not been challenged much in this game, but looks solid as a rock. So big in person and sound positionally. Couple pucks that felt like they were going to be seeing-eye goals, but he was on the angle and just covered so much damn net.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
That was kind of a bold prediction by me, but he passes the eye test even though the numbers aren't there yet. I think next year he's gonna play a much bigger role on this team and prove a lot.
I sort of feel this too if he can grow into an NHLer body. He's a guy that I feel will be in GR until close to waiver exemptions so he can grow physically but be a guy that surprises some folks in a few years.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Really impressed with Cossa the last 2 nights. Last night he had to come in cold and stopped I believe 22/24, then was in tonight on the back to back and saved 21/22.
People were too hard on him last year. He's rebounded so, so well. Not just salvaging his status as a potential NHL goalie, but also reminding everyone that he could be a fantastic NHL goalie.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Perron has spent most of his career playing on shit teams but has pretty consistently been a 50-60 point guy when on good teams.

We could do worse than Kasper turning out to be a Perron comparable, especially if he is able to play C at the NHL level.

Reactions: David D

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
gr looks like crap , Hatchitson is so bad . Mabey they just little ease before playoffs.
Proven undrafted goaltender :

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad