Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
At next season, the overall scoring in NHL will regress.

History has proven, that high-scoring seasons are usually nearby these shortened seasons (lockouts/corona), the scoring goes up. Players have more time to rest and train at off-season/break. Everybody is in better shape and has more energy to push offence.

But when we go to regular schedules, having 82-game seasons again in-a-row, the scoring will go down. It doesn't necessarily go as low as in old days, but this current season will most proably be an exception.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Does Detroit sign any UFA's for Grand Rapids?

I'm thinking they could use some scoring.

TJ Tynan
Glenn Gawdin

?

USMarine

May 4, 2022
Mississippi
www.letsgowings.com
Does Detroit sign any UFA's for Grand Rapids?

I'm thinking they could use some scoring.

TJ Tynan
Glenn Gawdin

?
>Import Edvinsson + Johansson + Soderblom
>Promote Edvinsson + Berggren to Detroit
>Release Elson + Murphy + Renouf
>Re-sign Barber + Hirose + Lashoff + Pickard
>Sign TJ Tynan + Jordan Gross + Martin Frk + Strauss Mann

Hirose - Tynan - Soderblom
Hanas - Barber - Frk
Griffin - Pearson - Griffin
Griffin - Griffin - Griffin

Johansson - Gross
McIsaac - Newpower
Sebrango - Barton
Lashoff

Pickard
Mann

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Hanas - Barber - Frk

Johansson - Gross
McIsaac - Newpower
Sebrango - Barton
Lashoff

Pickard
Mann
Need another center, Barber is a RW.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018

Hanas - Barber - Frk

Johansson - Gross
McIsaac - Newpower
Sebrango - Barton
Lashoff

Pickard
Mann
mann signed with san jose

Reactions: bedtime20

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Hanas - Barber - Frk

Johansson - Gross
McIsaac - Newpower
Sebrango - Barton
Lashoff

Pickard
Mann

Pretty sure Cossa will be splitting time in net for the Griffs. He's an 02 so would be eligible to play in the AHL next season.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Does AHL have a max import rule? If not i say just go with trying to bring over as many as possible. I remember when Grand Rapid was loaded with great young players years ago, it was funny to watch.

Elmer Söderblom - Criscuolo - Jonathan Berggren
Andreasson - Elson - Barber
Hirose - Spezia - Shine
Yan - Pearson - Martin

Edvinsson - Lashoff
Wallinder - Renouf
Sebrango - Johansson
McIsacc

Cossa
Bednar

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Does AHL have a max import rule? If not i say just go with trying to bring over as many as possible. I remember when Grand Rapid was loaded with great young players years ago, it was funny to watch.

Elmer Söderblom - Criscuolo - Jonathan Berggren
Andreasson - Elson - Barber
Hirose - Spezia - Shine
Yan - Pearson - Martin

Edvinsson - Lashoff
Wallinder - Renouf
Sebrango - Johansson
McIsacc

Cossa
Bednar
There's no sense in bringing everyone over at once. AHL is still a hard league so having an AHL team with mostly young guys on D could be a not so great idea. They need to bring in a couple vets, mainly a center.
Plus the SHL is a great league for development and our guys have made huge strides there.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Maybe Andreasson and Johansson will join the Griffins. Viro could also be option. Wallinder will stay at Rögle as well as Niederbach.

Edvinsson and Söderblom will take NHL jobs straight from the bat. They will never play in AHL.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Edvinsson and Söderblom will take NHL jobs straight from the bat. They will never play in AHL.
Let's see what happens. It would not be out of the norm for either of them to start in AHL.

I kind of expect there to be one LHD spot on the Wings for Edvinsson/Johansson/McIsaac/Sebrango to compete for, and maybe just one top 9 winger spot for Berggren/Söderblom/Andreasson to compete for.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Let's see what happens. It would not be out of the norm for either of them to start in AHL.

I kind of expect there to be one LHD spot on the Wings for Edvinsson/Johansson/McIsaac/Sebrango to compete for, and maybe just one top 9 winger spot for Berggren/Söderblom/Andreasson to compete for.

Is Soderblom really pushing for a spot out the gate? I think every time people see a big man that can skate decently, they get enamored with them. IMO he's at least splitting time in GR. I'd rather not stunt his development like we did Ras.

As for McIssac and Sebrango: I don't think either are even close to ready. They're meh AHLers at the moment.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Is Soderblom really pushing for a spot out the gate? I think every time people see a big man that can skate decently, they get enamored with them. IMO he's at least splitting time in GR. I'd rather not stunt his development like we did Ras.

As for McIssac and Sebrango: I don't think either are even close to ready. They're meh AHLers at the moment.
The "Ras model" had him playing in the NHL in his D+2. This will be Soderblom's D+4 already. So we're well beyond that.

That being said, I'm fully waiting to see how he looks in camp and the preseason

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Should be super talented young team next year. Any news on Tyutyaev , hope hi sticks to team

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What did come to my mind from this Ben Simon case...

... could it be possible, Yzerman is waiting 1 year to get Grönborg to Griffins? People knowing things in Switzerland were sure that there's no out-clause to NHL. So he'll stay there for year and which will give Simon this extra-year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden

I think he's less NHL ready than the recent hype train has made it seem like, but at the same time there could be a role for Söderblom on a 3rd or 4th line without any PP, while Berggren/Andreasson probably need to be pushing for top 6 jobs and PP to cement a roster spot.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Which other guys are contracted?

If I add those guys who have Red Wings contracts (Newpower, Barton, McISaac, Sebrango) we'll have:

LW Hirose
LW Hanas

C Criscuolo
C/LW Andreasson

RW Berggren

LD Sebrango - RD Kampfer
LD Lashoff - RD Newpower
LD McIsaac - RD Barton

G Cossa

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.