Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Wonder what our own Euros think of Landon and Sheahan calling the guy out on picking on Euros, like that kind of sounded like they themselves are picking on them without realizing it.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was thinking that too. Sort of a weird moment.

I mean especially since it is over leveling an AHL rookie in Pulkkinen in one of his first games. All they need to say is nice work tough guy targeting our 5'10" rookies.

Although you just saw the abuse Landon faces nightly because of his name in this video. You see guys always chatting him up in contests.

Also love watching guys bounce of Glendening a whole bunch and some of the clever stuff he does with his stick.

Then saying "these guys don't like me much." That guy is going to play in the league, cannot believe how much I like a U of M hockey player.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
It seems pretty well known that Europeans arent used to the fighting aspect of the game and none on the griffins play that style. Im sure its known around the league to, guys who go after euros (esoecially youong ones) would get a bad rep pretty quick. I'm sure guys like Pulu would be the first to admit they arent scrappers, not sure why you guys care that much lol

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It seems pretty well known that Europeans arent used to the fighting aspect of the game and none on the griffins play that style. Im sure its known around the league to, guys who go after euros (esoecially youong ones) would get a bad rep pretty quick. I'm sure guys like Pulu would be the first to admit they arent scrappers, not sure why you guys care that much lol

I am not saying it isn't accurate, my point was why even call your own teammates "Euros" like that. Even if you think that come up with better words for why you think he is picking on guys. In this particular case you have a smaller rookie, they were also mad at this particular guy for chasing other rookies in Jurco and Almqvist during the series. So yes they are European guys, but just use a better description.

Water under the bridge, just surprised to hear both of them vocalize it. Also interesting to see Sheahan talking. I know Callahan and Ferraro never shut up having watched a ton of Griffins games. Interesting to see Riley yap a little.

Tatar is a Euro, doubt they would say that about targeting him, because he fights back. Like you said point out he is going after non-fighters and rookies. Should he be on the team next year (think he starts in the ECHL) but Nedomlel will be one of the toughest guys in the outfit.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Francis Pare is headed to the Finnish League HC TPS:

via Twitter:

Francis pare ‏@F9Pare
Thanks to all @griffinshockey fans,front office, Dogg/@steggnastyy and old teamates! Its time for a new start with @HCTPS .#pesky #9 #ELE

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Interesting that they have Paetsch in talks and then have both him and Hoggan signed through 2015 on the depth chart.

I know we have a ton of D prospects to work in but signing all of our vets back will be big as we transition in some of the younger guys, even if it bothers people that look at this team solely as a Wings proving ground. The left wing looks rough down there. I expect Jurco is moving over to the left wing this season. He can play both wing positions and has, but with the way the right wing is stacking up I expect him to be solely on the left next year.

They need to find a taker for Fournier, maybe include him in one of the deals shipping out one of our excesses forwards with the big club.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I like getting the vets back. I don't know what they'll do with the defense pairings, but the leadership aspect is so, so important since GR is primarily a place of development. It seems like they help make a good locker room group for the team, and Blashill clearly works well with what they bring.

Jul 30, 2005
The left wing looks rough down there. I expect Jurco is moving over to the left wing this season. He can play both wing positions and has, but with the way the right wing is stacking up I expect him to be solely on the left next year.
I could see that.

I was thinking that maybe we'd see something to the effect of:

Ferraro-Jarnkrok-Jurco
Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Frk
Hoggan-Glendening-Callahan
Grant-Aubry-Parkes

but I don't see that 2nd line working out. Pulkkinen is more of a playmaker, but I don't think there's anybody there to really possess the puck the way you'd like. Maybe something closer to:

Ferraro-Jarnkrok-Frk
Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Jurco

What I like about that is that Ferraro and Frk will play with a bit some edge and grit, which is pretty much what Jarnkrok lacks, and yet the line should be able to score. Pulkkinen would obviously be the question mark on that second line, but I think he could step up to it. If not, you give Tvrdon a shot at it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I could see that.

I was thinking that maybe we'd see something to the effect of:

Ferraro-Jarnkrok-Jurco
Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Frk
Hoggan-Glendening-Callahan
Grant-Aubry-Parkes

but I don't see that 2nd line working out. Pulkkinen is more of a playmaker, but I don't think there's anybody there to really possess the puck the way you'd like. Maybe something closer to:

Ferraro-Jarnkrok-Frk
Pulkkinen-Sheahan-Jurco

What I like about that is that Ferraro and Frk will play with a bit some edge and grit, which is pretty much what Jarnkrok lacks, and yet the line should be able to score. Pulkkinen would obviously be the question mark on that second line, but I think he could step up to it. If not, you give Tvrdon a shot at it.

With the way the left wings look, I don't know how you don't give Tvrdon a big shot. He should have a nice one at camp because they need what he has. My guess is Nestrasil is closer than you have him. But we will see a lot of that comes down to a battle between Tvrdon, Nestrasil and Parkes. I think we all know who I hope wins it and who I think is the most talented there.

Ferraro is a C/RW as is Glendening. So the centers you might role out to the wings will also want to be on the right. Think Frk is going to start farther down the lineup, either him or Pulkkinen is going to be lower than people are expecting right now on the depth chart.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I didn't think they would bring both D's back but here we are and I like it after all. Getting Hoggan back is kind of a key move for me though.

Overall we are gaining a few more bodies than we lose so it's gonna be interesting to see if all prospects, especially on D, survive the summer. Not that I'm sentimental about sending Coetzee, Parkes, Nestrasil and Fournier to Toledo.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I didn't think they would bring both D's back but here we are and I like it after all. Getting Hoggan back is kind of a key move for me though.

Overall we are gaining a few more bodies than we lose so it's gonna be interesting to see if all prospects, especially on D, survive the summer. Not that I'm sentimental about sending Coetzee, Parkes, Nestrasil and Fournier to Toledo.

Yeah at this point we are loading up Toledo pretty good. Since the qualified Tom McCollum, he or Coreau will be down there. That and a couple D, and enough forwards to stock the top lines down there.

Don't really care but they are going to have an extremely unusual amount of talent for that level down there. We should also send Sammy down there.:sarcasm::laugh:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Got to remember the Griffs are losing guys like Tatar, Andersson, Gus who are basically veterans. It's very important to bring these 4 vets back who are all real leaders. Hoggan seems like a great guy and captain.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If they ship anybody out, I hope it's Almquist. Might be wishful thinking, though...

I sure don't, but would love to see them move Fournier while they are dumping some contracts. Teams might be interested enough in him, if they have contracts under some control a team might take a flyer.

Almqvist was on our number 1 pairing and has a good thing with Paetsch, he will be important while our other guys are feeling out pro hockey.

Jul 30, 2005
I sure don't, but would love to see them move Fournier while they are dumping some contracts. Teams might be interested enough in him, if they have contracts under some control a team might take a flyer.

Almqvist was on our number 1 pairing and has a good thing with Paetsch, he will be important while our other guys are feeling out pro hockey.
We should dump Fournier for sure. I meant that, of the guys who are currently penciled in for roster spots, we should trade away Almquist before the others.

Almquist
Jensen
Ouellet
Sproul
Marchenko
Paetsch
Evans

In that group, I just don't know who sits. I guess Evans could, or maybe they could rotate or something. and that's not to get into other issues, such as what to do with Nicastro and Nedomlel for the season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
We should dump Fournier for sure. I meant that, of the guys who are currently penciled in for roster spots, we should trade away Almquist before the others.

Almquist
Jensen
Ouellet
Sproul
Marchenko
Paetsch
Evans

In that group, I just don't know who sits. I guess Evans could, or maybe they could rotate or something. and that's not to get into other issues, such as what to do with Nicastro and Nedomlel for the season.

Paetsch will sit if he is signed. I think that's the reason why hasn't been signed. Maybe he will wan't a regular role from elsewhere.

I'm 99% sure that the starting Top6 will be those five kids + Evans.

One injury and Paetsch is in. One callup from NHL, and Paetsch is in. AHL roster always changes lot more than NHL one.

Fournier, Nicastro, Nedomlel will be starting from ECHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino