Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Exciting to see what Frk, Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Sproul, and Ouellet can accomplish next year.

Will Marchenko play in GR if he doesn't make the Wings?

Every indication has been he's going there. Nedomlel and Coreau also need to be assigned somewhere.

You get a lot of young new talent but with that comes a real lack of experience. It certainly looks appealing right now with all the new blood but I'm rather on the unsure side right now.

Not a chance they roll without veterans. Remains to be seen if they can get the same guys or new ones I guess.

FabricDetails

I know enough to know I know nothing
Mar 30, 2009
Not a chance they roll without veterans. Remains to be seen if they can get the same guys or new ones I guess.

Well of course. At the same time veterans can kind of bring down the team. I still can't forget about An_y _elmore (Because where's the D?) and also Jeremy Williams' promise to learn a two-way game. Just like any other average fan of GR I'd probably feel more comfortable if they kept some of the same veterans as last year and find a couple more high-character quality players.

RedWingsNow*

Here's what we're looking at right now: http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=97

The team has every chance to be a top team once more.

Going to take some time for a new defense to learn the ropes...But the talent is there.

No Marchenko in the roster?

Almquist Marchenko
Ouellet Jensen
Fournier Sproul

Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Jurco
Nestrasil Sheahan Frk
Callahan Glendening Ferraro
Tvrdon Aubry Parkes

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
^ I guess it's not 110% written in stone yet. But think those are realistic combos as of now.

A veteran stay at home D for Sproul to play with would be nice, maybe a middle six veteran leader, and some sandpaper.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I'm even more excited for next year than I was this year. 5 defensemen could potentially be NHL'ers in the very near future, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Tvrdon join the ranks and Sheahan, Ferraro and Jurco will have an even bigger role.

And with Blashill as a coach, he should get through to the youngsters. Imagine still having Fraser :facepalm:

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
What's going on with NiCastro? Is there developement there or are we looking at a career AHLer?

Same age as DeKeyser, Lashoff, but seems far away from them.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
What's going on with NiCastro? Is there developement there or are we looking at a career AHLer?

Same age as DeKeyser, Lashoff, but seems far away from them.
He had some injury trouble but didn't look bad when he actually got to play. He's in a tough situation with all the young D's coming so I think the best thing for him would be to play big minutes in Toledo. Who knows, he might be great and take someone's place in GR.

I think I read somewhere that they (Martin) were thinking of bringing Evans and Paetsch back?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Going to take some time for a new defense to learn the ropes...But the talent is there.

No Marchenko in the roster?

Almquist Marchenko
Ouellet Jensen
Fournier Sproul

Pulkkinen Jarnkrok Jurco
Nestrasil Sheahan Frk
Callahan Glendening Ferraro
Tvrdon Aubry Parkes

Bump Nestrasil down on the depth chart and switch Fournier for Nedolmel or Nicastro.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
He had some injury trouble but didn't look bad when he actually got to play. He's in a tough situation with all the young D's coming so I think the best thing for him would be to play big minutes in Toledo. Who knows, he might be great and take someone's place in GR.

I think I read somewhere that they (Martin) were thinking of bringing Evans and Paetsch back?

Sounds a little too rich for me to bring both back. Almqvist, Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko, Jensen, Nicastro, Fournier, Nedomlel are eight guys. Only Fournier is a complete write-off for me, but he did play over Nicastro last season. Paetsch is the much much better player, but Evans fills the bigger need of the two.

Having the first five guys I mentioned plus a veteran would be my lineup anyway, with Nicastro rotating in. Nedomlel starting in the ECHL under close observation. Fournier, meh try to find him a new home if you can.

Then on the other hand it looks like Kenny will have to do some trading this summer, he could ship one or two away.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Francis Pare has signed with TPS of SM-Liiga. Wish him the best of luck.

http://hc.tps.fi/uutiset-ajankohtaista-pare_sexton_ja_seigo_tpsaan

It wasn't hard to predict this happen, cause Red Wings SM-Liiga scout Ari Vuori has this double role as TPS player coordinator.

I think these kind of moves are comin more common, some Griffins left-offs are heading to TPS Turku. Travis Ehrhardt came year ago, now Paré.

In Finland you can't have tax-free contrcts, but teams can bid 150 000 Euros pretty easily for 1st line players. That's ~200 000 dollars. Also a free apartment could be involved in the deal.

And less of travel is a huge thing, you are almost always at home from any road game before midnight. The distances are so short (Oulu, Kuopio and Lappeenranta are only exeptions, the are bit more far away).

griffs

Sep 17, 2012
Grand Rapids, Mi
It wasn't hard to predict this happen, cause Red Wings SM-Liiga scout Ari Vuori has this double role as TPS player coordinator.

I think these kind of moves are comin more common, some Griffins left-offs are heading to TPS Turku. Travis Ehrhardt came year ago, now Paré.

In Finland you can't have tax-free contrcts, but teams can bid 150 000 Euros pretty easily for 1st line players. That's ~200 000 dollars. Also a free apartment could be involved in the deal.

And less of travel is a huge thing, you are almost always at home from any road game before midnight. The distances are so short (Oulu, Kuopio and Lappeenranta are only exeptions, the are bit more far away).

Considering that he was getting 105,000 in GR and travel was pretty bad this sounds like a good deal for him.

TNigs

60 mins of Hell
Jul 29, 2012
Hockeytown
Evans is a great signing for the kids down there.
The Rockford bench clearing brawl Evans had at least two Ice Hogs during the entire thing.
He is always there to stick up for his team, and will probably be captain next year if Hoggan goes elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->